New Mom with Major Work-Out ADD!!!

Options
Hello Everyone!

My name is Chriss,I'm 22 years old, and I am a single mom to a beautiful and already amazingly active five month old! I currently weigh 195lbs, and am wanting to get down to the 130's! (although, with my body shaped the way it is- I don't know if that is truly possible!)
I am a vegetarian, a full time student, and I work full time- not to mention, as I said before, I am a single mom! I find that my biggest problem is not staying active, because I am a very active person, it is sticking to one specific thing. For instance, I am currently doing Insanity and 30 Day Shred, and am also looking for other things to push in there, too. Insanity kicks my chubby butt (like, I can't finish a workout!), but I can get through 30DS without TOO much of an issue! I need some tips and tricks and some major motivation to keep myself going! I would love to be in the 140's before January- my older sister is getting married and we are all going on a cruise right afterward! I want to look toned enough to wear a bathing suit without feeling like a slob!

Thanks in advance everyone, and keep at it!
-Chriss

Replies

• LauraMarie37
    LauraMarie37 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Try modifying Insanity in any way you need to so that you get through the whole workout (do things smaller, only do every other rep, don't jump, etc). Then, set a small goal for yourself each day to do it *slightly* better. My sis has ADD, and she found setting specific, daily goals (like, one day, run a mile in 10:37, the next day, in 10:35, the next day, in 10:33, etc) really helped with her exercise. Doing things that didn't help her push herself (like it sounds 30DS might be for you!) made her more likely to not stick to it.
  • ChrissasaurusRex
    Options
    Thanks!! I think my biggest issue is more that I get bored so easily and think of things I'd rather be doing! I try to do different things because the novelty hasn't worn off! After a while you expect it and then I'm bored! :( it succccckkkkkks!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Hello i was 215 when i was 9 months pregnant with my son and lost all the baby weight plus15lbs more! You can do it too. I did 30 day shred it is great, you got to make sure you are getting enough protein with it if you want to actually be shredded eventually. I bought some whey protien powder for days when i dont get enough.
  • lola67
    lola67 Posts: 5
    Options
    Keep modifying Insanity until you can do the whole thing without stopping. I just ordered Insanity for that hard core cardio...A bit nervous...lol!! Make sure you eat enough, I found that when I started P90X, as a vegetarian, that eating enough calories was the hardest part. Add those nuts, seeds, an quinoa to get that extra protein. Set GOALS and keep coming to places like this to keep you motivated!! You CAN do this!!!