Somewhat new, wife says I need friends.

Options
So I went for the dreaded doctor visit, and what do you know, being fat isn't very good for your health!! Who would have thought? But seriously, I hopped on that scale, and it read 351 lbs. It was a major wake up call. I have been a rather heavy drinker, tobacco chewer, and fast food connoissuer for the last 15 years. As of tomorrow, I am one month alcohol and fast food free, and two months tobacco free. I've been using this site with my wonderful wife for about the last month, I was sceptical at first, but now I'm hooked and committed. It's time to find some friends to help me on my journey. A little extra possitive support could never hurt. Doctor says I have about 125 lbs to lose, So if anyone out there has a similar story, or wants a jolly fat guy as a friend, please add me!

Replies

• Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Warwick reminds me of my favorite game.. League of Legends. Haha.

I've been a soda drinker and fast food addict for pretty much all my life.
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I love jolly fat guys! welcome!
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    love fast food & pop.
    Stopped smoking almost 2 years ago.
    And been using MFP for just over a month.
    Feel free to add me, if you'd like.
  • alandycandy
    Options
    OMG! LEAGUE OF LEGENDS! LOL

I suck at it, but I love to play!
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making the best change of your life! I started back in March during lent and gave up fast food back then. What a tremendous difference it made! Now I will only eat a salad from a fast food restaurant or a sandwhich. I applaud you for giving up tobacco, I use to be a smoker back in the day and that's a hard habit to give up.
  • devilblkdress
    Options
    Ive lost about that. Took a few years. Ive put some of it back on since I quit smoking and started some medication so now I am trying to get it back off. Welcome to the site and to healthy living! It's hard as hell but worth it I think lol
  • Warwick5
    Warwick5 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for all the support!!
  • Palook
    Palook Posts: 8
    Options
    Jolly fat guys are the best kinds of people! You can definitely reach your goal weight! I think it's great that you're trying to change, and I wish you the best of luck.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options

She friended me!! I'm jolly as he!!
  • UsuallyJustATshirt
    Options
    Welcome-you sound a lot like my husband! I am going to try to get him to join.

Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • DreamLittleDarling
    Options

you're something alright Ted-O! =)
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options

She really does have a thing for the jolly fat guys, I'm on her friends list too...
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome! I would more than happy to be your friend and to send some motivation your way! Keep up the good work, man! You WILL reach your goal!!

'L',
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Lets see:

One year ago I was almost 270 lbs.
    Over a year and a half ago I was a half a pack to pack smoker AND I chewed as well. It was he!! to quit but it can be done. Just tkae it one day at a time...
    One year three months ago I had open heart surgery to repair a faulty mitral valve.

Yup - I will more than happy to help you down this road... Friend request on the way..
  • DreamLittleDarling
    Options

She really does have a thing for the jolly fat guys, I'm on her friends list too...

I simply can't resist you two! =)