Took a road-trip and gained most of it back. : (

Options
Well I haven't been on this weight-loss journey for long, but I've lost nearly 12 pounds before my family decided we'll take a 3-day road-trip up north. I threw caution to the wind, naturally (ugh!) and came back to find that the scale says I've gained nearly 8 of those 12 back. I know I deserve it for all that lapse in discipline but I'm SO discouraged now. : (

Replies

• alandycandy
    Options
    Ah, don't be! You took it off once, you can do it again. It's like being an alcoholic. Just keep doing it over, and over, and over until you succeed! Besides, don't hate your trip just because you gained a little weight. Think of your weight as something you conquer and have complete control over. Granted, it can be discouraging when weight is gained back, but you still lost it initially and can lose it again. Just stay competitive with yourself, and keep working forward!
  • alandycandy
    Options
    I really meant to say "It's like BEATING alcoholism." Please do not TRY to be an alcoholic...*sigh* It's late for me! :D
  • ravenraines
    Options
    WEll,,I lost almost 100 pounds and gained 55 back. So,,guess what,, Time to get back up,dust my self off and kick fat in the *kitten* again. WE can do this..:)
  • GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options
    Plus, I bet some of it is water weight, and a reaction to too much sodium! The scale isn't everything (which I had to tell myself this morning, because OMG!)! Just be careful the next few days, and I bet you will be feeling way better!
  • Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! I had lost about 11 lbs, and gained most of it back and am now at a net loss of 3 lbs :( This is a great place for support and motivation, I need to start getting back on track too!
  • riverweed
    riverweed Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks, guys! Yea, I'm REALLY hoping at least part of it is water-weight... but yes, a few days can completely undo weeks of hard-work! I'll get back on the case, I promise!!! x