Weight lifting

Options
lmw316
lmw316 Posts: 2 Member
I've been going to the gym 5 days a week for the passed month. I've lost 12 pounds and I'm counting calories. I was seeing a personal trainer because I wanted to start weight lifting and I did pretty good, for a beginner. Now I can't afford him at the moment so I'm doing everything alone. How do you start a weight lifting session alone? I need to make a routine and stick with it but have no idea where to begin without someone telling me what to do.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Do what you've been doing for the past month. Do you have a list, either written or in your head, showing what you've been doing?
  • lmw316
    lmw316 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do not have a list. I would go and have him tell me what to do. I wish I'd been writing everything down because now I can't remember half of it or the weight I used.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Here's a whole list of programs. I personally like Stronglifts 5X5. It's a simple program for beginners, but when used as written, you can make lots of progress. You can check it out at stronglifts.com and download the app to your phone which makes following the program so easy!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I second stronglifts 5x5. Super easy to follow.
  • manwaffles
    manwaffles Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    There are lifting routines riddled across the web. Do a google search for weightlifting routine and find one that suits your fancy based on your goals!