Hello, everyone

Options
seppat97
seppat97 Posts: 6 Member
My name is Sharon, and I am just getting started. I have a lot of weight to lose to help me get my black belt in Tae Kwon Do. The endurance needs to get better to pass. Looking forward to discussing things with you.

Replies

• raquele3394
    raquele3394 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Welcome and I have lots of weight to shed!
  • seppat97
    Options
    Thank you! I have issues using the bathroom scale due to my upbringing. I am using the one in the health unit at work to face my fears and not have a scale staring at me at home. (I gave mine away.) The one at work is quite advanced and gives a printout. Anyone can use it after hours as well. Do you feel the same way, or am I in the minority here??? It is going to be a long journey for me, because I also want to do things I never thought I could do (like making it back to 100 lbs. after 50 and feeling pretty, learning the drums and copyrighting songs that others sing). I was told I was fat and ugly all my life. I do not believe that lie anymore, even now!
  • delboy757
    delboy757 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm in same situation, wish u all the best luck in your journey.
  • Feed_the_Bears
    Feed_the_Bears Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    seppat97 wrote: »
    Thank you! I have issues using the bathroom scale due to my upbringing. I am using the one in the health unit at work to face my fears and not have a scale staring at me at home. (I gave mine away.) The one at work is quite advanced and gives a printout. Anyone can use it after hours as well. Do you feel the same way, or am I in the minority here??? It is going to be a long journey for me, because I also want to do things I never thought I could do (like making it back to 100 lbs. after 50 and feeling pretty, learning the drums and copyrighting songs that others sing). I was told I was fat and ugly all my life. I do not believe that lie anymore, even now!

Hi. I was the same way for a long time. I battled with anxiety around the scale. Under my nose, slowly I gained an obscene amount of weight (I knew I gained of course, but had no idea how much. Not a current picture.). I had turned my focus more to mental healthy issues and although that diverted focus contributed to the weight gain as well, I was able to return to being able to track myself with the convenient scale without anxiety and self loathing. I love myself more than ever and know I can do what needs to be done to shed the weight and take care of my health. There's lots of other stuff I can track too though! Inches, pant sizes, activity level. But I've accepted that for me I need the scale, but I no longer fear it. It's just a number. My doc is watching this too, so I'll get back on the scale at the clinic in three months. This may take two years to lose 100 lbs. But that's okay. One day at a time.
  • seppat97
    Options
    I gain weight when I do not monitor it too--a lot! My estimate was too low! I am trying not to take small fluctuations to heart, because I wear different clothes etc. when I weigh most days. I am trying to train myself to look for a long term trend. Therapy concerning my upbringing is helping too!