Fellow Cajuns?

CajunTess
CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
I'm a cajun girl, and looking to connect with other peeps from my happy place. I grew up in Iberia Parish, but currently living in Texas. Only other cajun people understand and appreciate the lifestyle, so where are all the happy cajun people?

Replies

• Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Cajun here! Grew up in Jeff Davis Parish and now living in Lafayette.
  • CajunTess
    Char231023 wrote: »

I'm in Lafayette quite often! My mom lives in Broussard.
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    CajunTess wrote: »
    Char231023 wrote: »

I'm in Lafayette quite often! My mom lives in Broussard.

I use to work in Boussard. You are correct by the way, the Cajun lifestyle is definitely not something that is well known and understood.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Jambalaya!
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    I'm not Cajun but lived for a few years in the vicinity in my childhood (LaPlace, Baton Rouge, New Orleans). I often visited Cajun relatives of my friends. I remember one grandfather really well who gave me his lucky rabbit's foot and told us to stay out of his camper because Big Foot lived in it....

I totally believe him bc he lived at the edge of a swamp where of course Big Foot stayed during the day but slept in the camper at night... Need I add I was 6 years old?? Nightmares for years.
  • CajunTess
    edited May 2017
    megemrj wrote: »
    I'm not Cajun but lived for a few years in the vicinity in my childhood (LaPlace, Baton Rouge, New Orleans). I often visited Cajun relatives of my friends. I remember one grandfather really well who gave me his lucky rabbit's foot and told us to stay out of his camper because Big Foot lived in it....

I totally believe him bc he lived at the edge of a swamp where of course Big Foot stayed during the day but slept in the camper at night... Need I add I was 6 years old?? Nightmares for years.

He's right you know...it's the Rougarou! LOL!
    http://mythologian.net/loup-garou-rougarou-cajun-legend/
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    CajunTess wrote: »
    megemrj wrote: »

He's right you know...it's the Rougarou! LOL!
    http://mythologian.net/loup-garou-rougarou-cajun-legend/

OMG. Had no clue...loved his stories! His accent was pretty strong, but so was my Southern Georgia accent. His house was always fun even though I never got to go in the swamp. Some of my best memories are from my life there.