Costco pizza

So I went to Costco because I needed a few things. I decided to go to their food court to get lunch first and dang!

In the past I would normally grab a couple slices of pizza and think to myself, how bad can two slices be? Well, if you're familiar with Costco, you know their slices aren't exactly small.

Well today before it was my time to order, I went to my mfp diary to go ahead and enter the pizza and wow! Let's just say I decided to skip the pizza and went for a lower calorie food instead! The database had each slice listed at 600 calories! Dang! No wonder I got fat!

I think daily logging has gotten me in the habit of being a conscious eater! That alone can save a person a ton of calories I believe!

Replies

• CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    I love the pizza at Costco! Logging food, especially before consuming it, has definitely been the most effective weight loss tool for me.
  • JJS1979
    JJS1979 Posts: 177 Member
    Insane...you just don't realize the calories on some things. It's great you are being more mindful of it, when I really started tracking I would be shocked at how off I was in terms of calories. I might look at something and think 4-500 cals and it turns out to be 900 or 1000, do that a few times a day and it adds up very quickly. Thanks for sharing!
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Mmmm Costco pizza. The hot dog is the best calorie bang for your buck there.

Yeah, that's only 552 calories!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    And what about that Turkey Provolone Pesto Sandwich: 730kcals! :s

I've eaten them a few times when I had a few extra calories to "kill."
  • anaxmann
    anaxmann Posts: 103 Member
    I would have thought it was higher than 600. So much cheese-y, bread-y deliciousness.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    I love Costco!!! Haven't had anything from the food court since logging what I eat. Chicken bake and a churro are like 1200 calories :(
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    The HUUUUGE frozen yogurt is only 390 calories!
  • dawnz75
    dawnz75 Posts: 579 Member
    Costco polish dogs are the best. I make room for them every couple of months because I just love them. I love CICO, and that I can choose to eat those awesome things. Just have to expect a sodium hike as well as way over for daily fat macro. (Still worth it, to me)
  • Angela_does_zumba
    Angela_does_zumba Posts: 31 Member
    I was shocked too when I first had to log it in AFTER eating it. lol. I'll have it when I have my "cheat meal" or if I'm out just to have fun at some party, but I definitely try to keep my mind off of eating it. :D Last week my parents actually ate some costco pizza, but I was the only person in the house who was eating her bowl of brown rice, lean pork and veggies. Hahahahaha. Can't deny though, that pizza is the best.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    It's higher than 600 calories--more like 770. IIRC, the barbecue beef sandwich is around 500, which surprised me. And the frozen yogurt is 410-430. Overall, though, the Costco food court is not a diet friend.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    I miss the Costco hotdog! So good and so cheap!
  • DJ_Skywalker
    DJ_Skywalker Posts: 420 Member
    Love me some Costco Churros
  • StacywithaY
    StacywithaY Posts: 117 Member
    The Costco food court is hella tasty :smiley:

But yeah, not health food :neutral:
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    I love the latte freeze (w/o the chocolate)! Luckily it is not huge calorie bomb.

I did try the chicken bake once - after I found out what the calories were. It was decent but I don't think it was filling enough.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    No more Costco for you!
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Why is Costco pizza so good? Thought I was the only one haha,I'll never give up my pizza but I've had to switch to only frozen pizza with thin crust