diary advice

Options
Seeing as I only have 5 pounds to go (yay!) I switched my weight loss goal to 0.5 pounds a week last week. I have been at a plateau for about 3 weeks now and I was hoping that increasing my calories and changing up my workout routine would help. Literally weighing in at the exact same thing every time. My new calorie goal is 1580 and I have been eating 50-100% of my exercise calories back. It seems like A LOT of food. I carried all my stuff into work this evening and they all gave me crazy looks and said things like "I would get fat if I ate all that food." I have to admit, they got into my head.

I was hoping you guys could check out my diary and give me some opinions. I'm eating 40% carbs, 40% protein, 20% fat (or trying to.) This weekend was patchy. Friday was on off day, but I know that I was way under my calorie goal since I only ate one meal because I was switching from night shift time to day shift. Sunday I was sabotaged because I was unexpected forced to eat dinner at my boyfriend's house and I have no idea how to calculate what I ate, but I kept my portions very small and only had one glass of wine. During the week is when I have the best records of what I'm eating and such. I'd appreciate your thoughts!

Edit: I should add that my diary for Monday doesn't include the exercise yet. I'm going to work out in the morning when I get off work.

Replies

• puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Hey hun, your diary is not public :)
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    i dont know if im the best person 2 comment on ur diary but u need 2 make ur diary able to b viewed, u must have it set as private in ur settings.x
  • northstar699
    northstar699 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    So sorry guys, I had it set on friends only but now it's fixed. Brain fart!
  • northstar699
    Options
    No help? Please?
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    It doesn't look too bad - maybe high on sugar with all that fruit (3 cups of cherries? Really?) but I think you've got a good balance in there, veggies and protein, and you don't beat yourself up about a day when the plans changed.

The last few pounds will come off slowly - hang in there!
  • northstar699
    Options
    It doesn't look too bad - maybe high on sugar with all that fruit (3 cups of cherries? Really?) but I think you've got a good balance in there, veggies and protein, and you don't beat yourself up about a day when the plans changed.

The last few pounds will come off slowly - hang in there!

HA! I knew someone would catch me on the cherries! Today was hard because I have to eat all of my food in a 5 or 6 hour period. Cherries are something I can snack on all night at work without killing my stomach or turning to snickers or something. Usually I eat a cup and a half or maybe 2, but I really needed to meet my calorie goal. So you don't think 1580 is a lot of calories?? I'm scared to work out for a really long time because there is no way I'd be able to eat everything plus exercise calories. Sometimes I feel like I'm force feeding...
  • northstar699
    Options
    You know, I bet if this was a thread about whether or not to eat exercise calories back I would have tons of replies by now...
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Where are you in the world? I'm in the UK and I always find the message boards quiet about this time of day. (Our morning, before America wakes up...)

No, 1500-1600 is not a lot of calories, especially if you are fairly active and are exercising.
  • northstar699
    Options
    Where are you in the world? I'm in the UK and I always find the message boards quiet about this time of day. (Our morning, before America wakes up...)

No, 1500-1600 is not a lot of calories, especially if you are fairly active and are exercising.

I'm on the east coast of the US, but I work as a night shift nurse, so I'm awake when everyone else is asleep. That always throws a wrinkle into my dieting!