Help please?

Options
Hi :D. I have been doing abdominal excersises and spending alot of time on the treadmill lately.. I can now feel my abs underneath my fat (which I'm happy about) but I cannot see them. I've been doing alot of cardio but it's not making much of a difference to my belly fat!! Some advice/tips please?? :)

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work, as you lose weight the abs will become more visible.
  • Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Have you considered full body exercises such as squats, pullups, pushups, dips, bent over rows and more full body olympic style lifts? Ab exercises are good for building abs but not for burning the fat around them.

Full body exercises like those above take more energy to perform and are better at building full body muscle and burning fat
  • Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Btw Ruby!
    You're also doing the Perth C2S? What distance?
    I might see you there!
    Keep up the good work, as you lose weight the abs will become more visible.
  • northstar699
    northstar699 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    The general opinion is that you cannot target areas to burn fat, which I personally find to be very sad news for my thighs. I have also read that the first place you gain fat is the last place that you lose it. So my advice is to keep at it and eventually you'll see results. I was having the same problem for ages, and now my top abs are showing. I'm just working to get the lower abs to peek out. Good luck!
  • Jordonnn
    Jordonnn Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks (: