Get stronger.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Lizarking wrote: »
    Get stronger.

This
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Losing weight will help but doesn't guarantee that you can do them. You need to train for them. Have you been training toward doing a pull up or did you just try them for the first time? Have you tried chin ups? They are the pull up's easier cousin.
  • I mean can you do a pull up with 5kg of assistance? That will tell you.
  • Imeeh_Pang
    Imeeh_Pang Posts: 8 Member
    It the first time for me to do pull up. I will follow your suggestions. Thanks
  • beanz744
    beanz744 Posts: 221 Member
    1. search utube for pull ups videos
    https://youtu.be/TWsZp6fbCHA
    2. if u have a gym membership, theres a pull up machine that allows u to add counter weight for ur pull ups n u can work ur way up (or is it down?) haha.u will get my point when u try it.

good luck
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    You're really light, I doubt it. You just need to build a little strength. I did my first pullups weighing almost twice as much as you.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    You're really light, I doubt it. You just need to build a little strength. I did my first pullups weighing almost twice as much as you.

Not sure if you saw or if it would change your answer but the OP is a woman so there's the issue of less natural upper body strength. I'm the same height as her and at her current weight (150) a chin up is difficult for me. Three to five pounds less and I'm good. (We're all different of course.)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    I practiced with a chair under my bar to practice partial pull ups and negatives until I could complete one full pull up. Then I practiced one good pull up for a few sets until I could complete 2 in a row.
  • Imeeh_Pang
    I mean can you do a pull up with 5kg of assistance? That will tell you.

I think no. Hahaha That's clear to me. Thanks
  • Imeeh_Pang
    jemhh wrote: »
    DopeItUp wrote: »

Not sure if you saw or if it would change your answer but the OP is a woman so there's the issue of less natural upper body strength. I'm the same height as her and at her current weight (150) a chin up is difficult for me. Three to five pounds less and I'm good. (We're all different of course.)

Like you say. Maybe my upper body part is my weakness. Need more practice
  • Imeeh_Pang
    I practiced with a chair under my bar to practice partial pull ups and negatives until I could complete one full pull up. Then I practiced one good pull up for a few sets until I could complete 2 in a row.

How long that you train to achieve the first full pull up ?
    I think I should add the frequency for train pull up more.
  • jpoehls9025
    jpoehls9025 Posts: 471 Member
    Pulls ups... Pull ups... I can tell you about some pull ups haha. Honestly there is good progression videos for pull up strength building on youtube.

One video of millions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdtrfXK7bcg