Success stories of around 80-100 pounds?

Options
Does anyone have any before and after photos of how they managed to lose 80-100 pounds without cutting out anything? Preferably from those who still ate carbs, bread, sugar etc just cut calories? Thanks

Replies

• mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    My profile pic is my before and after. I lost 118 three years ago and I restricted no foods, just portion sizes.
  • Tashlovesfood
    Tashlovesfood Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    mamadon wrote: »
    My profile pic is my before and after. I lost 118 three years ago and I restricted no foods, just portion sizes.

Wow you look amazing! Well done! Did you still eat takeaways and eat out? I find that I'm super strict and then we go out and I have a gain and I feel so much like a failure that I give up
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    I don't want to show my before pic but so far I have lost 60 lbs. eating plenty of sugar and carbs. Tonight my dessert will be a Snickers bar.
  • Lizzypb88
    Lizzypb88 Posts: 367 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    And yes I ate carbs- between 90-140g a day, over a period of 2 years (so far) so I do cut calories and watch my macros, but not as much as most, from what I gather
  • mfpanyko
    mfpanyko Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I lost 65 pounds and have maintained for four years. No food is off limits, but I am selective. I follow Weight Watchers and decide if a food is "points-worthy" before I eat it...
    (Not to say that I haven't had slip-ups, binges, over-indulgences., etc.)
    My advice is don't do anything now that you are not willing to live with forever because, unfortunately, this is for life... Make the plan fit your life, not your life fit the plan...

And my parting thought is deprivation is the devil...!
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    mamadon wrote: »

Wow you look amazing! Well done! Did you still eat takeaways and eat out? I find that I'm super strict and then we go out and I have a gain and I feel so much like a failure that I give up

Thank you! Yes, I still ate out, and had fast food occasionally. I still do. While I was losing I would either pre plan what I was going to eat to make it fit into my calorie goals or I would just splurge for one meal. One of the most important things that I have learned is that we are not failures because we had an enjoyable meal or ate out. It's ok to still enjoy life. The trick is to not allow it to derail you and make you give up. I didn't gain all my weight from an occasional meal, it was from years of overeating every day. It's all about balance.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I really need to find a good before picture, but I hated having my picture taken. Anyway, from 330 to 240 (so far) with very little food actually cut out. Only thing I stopped was regular pop. I'm eating "better" but certainly not clean, and still had McDonald's for lunch today.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    You should check out the Success Stories board!
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I lost 90 lbs and I've been maintaining the loss for just over a year now. I ate everything! I still do. I eat out way too often (for my wallet) but it doesn't affect my weight, I'm pretty good at figuring out lower calorie options. I eat popcorn and m&ms for snack before bed every night. It took patience to lose that much weight but it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I've lost 92lbs in 17 months eating everything that fits into my 1200 calories. Burgers, chocolate, cake, ice cream... feel free to friend me
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 27lbs but you should check the Success Stories forum here. Hundreds of stories with pics and everything.
  • Tashlovesfood
    Tashlovesfood Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! You are all so inspiring! I can do this!!!
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    My pic is before and after, although I have lost more since the after pic. To be honest, for about the first year I was really strict, but the plan I was on was real food. I have always eaten sugar, bread and I have to have chocolate at least once a year. Once I got a good grip on my eating I allowed myself to eat more types of foods. If I feel that I am restricting myself it makes me feel like I want to eat everything in sight.