Weight loss supplements

Options
Hi there,

Does anyone know any good weight loss supplements? shakes or tablets? any good appetite suppressant's?

Replies

• hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I'd be inclined to say a big 'don't bother' with going down that route.

Best way to lose weight and to keep it off is to concentrate on a healthy diet and plenty of exercise... a lot of the diet pills/potions are either a sham or only work in the short term - plus you don't know what you're putting in your body.
  • Lauren38570
    Lauren38570 Posts: 239
    Options
    yeah a good diet and excersice is a good idea but I do like slim fast they do help alot and they are very yummy and the peanut butter crunch time snack bar is great , I don't recomend no diet pills though
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I would say at this point it is more important to focus not only on calories and exercise. . . but what you consume within those calories. .. as well as making sure that you get plenty of water. . . 1/2 your weight in ounces is the recommended. . . Good luck.
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    If you eat properly, regularly, and healthily, your body will soon get used to it, and you won't have any need for appetite suppressants IMO! Honestly, I don't think it's good to rely on such things - long term success comes from good habits, not from snake oil.

Having said that, we all have our hungry days, so I find that a home made smoothie usually sorts me out. Maybe you could try that instead of something choc-full of chemicals?
  • tarahbecks
    Options
    Great thanks guys!!!
    Very helpful :)
  • catecn
    catecn Posts: 84
    Options
    i found nuphedragen to be good at suppressing my appitite and giving me energy. you can only order online, at least i havent found it in stores. hydroxcut made me break out in hives. but thats just my personal experience
  • cranda58
    cranda58 Posts: 11
    Options
    E/C/A Stack (Ephedra / Caffeine / Asprin) is by far the best from everything I've read, but since ephedra is hard to find and you have to register your name with the DEA, and the possible negative effects, I am assuming you want to avoid that haha

I'm not a big fan of the diet / weight loss pills - they are all super expensive and you can buy most of the ingredients themselves and stack them for way cheaper. Here are some of the supplements I've found positive reviews of and am going to start as soon as I can order them:

- Caffiene (already take)
    - Green Tea Extract (already take)
    - Yohimbe
    - L-Carnitine / ALCAR
    - Guggul
    - CLA

But really there is no "magic pill," that will make you lose weight without watching your diet and exercising, but I always believe in gaining any edge you can. Good luck!
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly I have found no problem with being hungry, even though I'm eating a lot less than I had been eating. I am definitely eating healthier and I think all the attention and care I am taking in selecting foods and also my exercise has taken care of any excessive appetite, at least that has been the case for the past 5 weeks or so since I started trying to lose weight. I don't think I would even derive a benefit from an appetite suppressant at this point, besides any issues with the chemicals etc. already mentioned.