Apple Watch help

DietPrada
DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
I bought an Apple Watch yesterday. I have installed MFP on it, linked it all up, going into all of the devices and apps and allowed read/write permission. I've ticked the steps setting in MFP. I can see the data from MFP on my watch. But it shows 0 steps. In the Apple Health app it shows steps but not in MFP. It also hasn't given me any exercise calories. I had a Misfit step tracker before and it gave me 200-300 extra calories a day from activity. The apple watch gives me 0. What am I missing?

Replies

• raquele3394
    raquele3394 Posts: 180 Member
    I had the same problem, deactivate the Apple Health App on setting. It took me a long time to figure it out. I think you have to go to the Apple health and do that!
  • DietPrada
    Yep did all of that and finally got it to sync but it GROSSLY underestimates my calorie burn. I have MyFitnessPal activity set to sedentary and the apple setting as light activity like I used to have with my Misfit so that on days where I'm actually active I earn more calories. Today I rode my horse (normally about 400 cals) and I went for a 45 minute walk and it's given me an extra 80 calories. Over what I would have had if I sat on the couch all day. What have I done wrong?
  • DietPrada
    In fact. The apple health app says I've burned 400 cals under "active energy" - calories burned for actual exercise so ehy does MFP only show 89 calories? Is there a way to set this up so it actually works?
  • DietPrada
    And now, an hour later, mfp says I've only burned 23 cals not 89. Wtf is going on with this thing.
  • TilKingdomCome
    TilKingdomCome Posts: 89 Member
    There is nothing wrong.

This is an Apple Watch thing that doesn't quite work yet.
    With Fitbit I would be given 1000 calories a day to MFP compared to 100 with Apple.

It has something to do with Apple only sending over the active calories and not all calories burned. Or something like that. I don't really understand it but there are heaps of posts about it and MFP have responded with a very convoluted reason as to why. You need to do a search to see.

I actually don't mind anymore and it's more likely now I'm not going to overeat. It's more incentive to do 'active exercise' as opposed to just dawdling around and gaining steps that aren't really doing much for me.

Good luck. I really like the Apple Watch now but it did take me a little while to get used to it