If Zyzz was alive, how many Instagram followers would he have today?

Options
sherryzm24
sherryzm24 Posts: 44 Member
edited May 2017 in Chit-Chat
Most of you know zyzz. The guy who became a fitness/YouTube sensation and inspiration including myself and for many youngsters back in 2009. He died in 2011 :(

So if he were alive how many IG followers would he have today?

Replies

• tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Who cares?
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    Never heard of him
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Considering his lifestyle he would have wrecked his health by 2017, so he'd likely still have died and not have IG followers.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Looking at these posts, I'm guessing very few.

I was thinking the same thing. I was going to guess 2, the OP and maybe himself.

I never heard of the dude. *shrugs*
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    Options
    I never watched any of his videos nor was he my inspiration. If he was still alive today, I wouldn't follow him. He has quite a following on Youtube and Bodybuilding.com though. People still talk about him to this day on those sites and I'm assuming he was one of those fitness vloggers talking about their day and their food along with some workout footage just like everybody else is doing now.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    I remember seeing the posts on Bodybuilding. com forums. He was popular there. I'd guess 500k easy.
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    This guy was an absolute tool.....and one of the biggest reasons we are stuck with nonsense words like mirin' and brah.......he was a steroid abusing *kitten* that cared nothing about health and fitness and was all about aesthetics and attention whoring.

So with that being said, he'd be very popular on Instagram.....because that's what a lot of Instagram "models" and "sensations" are into and getting huge followings.

To call this clown an inspiration is a joke....

Sounds like he would be popular these days too.
  • SoulRadiation
    SoulRadiation Posts: 1,060 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    He was before my time on the internet, and I found his story to be extremely sad.

May he rest in peace.
    This guy was an absolute tool.....and one of the biggest reasons we are stuck with nonsense words like mirin' and brah.......he was a steroid abusing *kitten* that cared nothing about health and fitness and was all about aesthetics and attention whoring.

So with that being said, he'd be very popular on Instagram.....because that's what a lot of Instagram "models" and "sensations" are into and getting huge followings.

To call this clown an inspiration is a joke....

Yeah, that's not the path to follow...
  • SoulRadiation
    SoulRadiation Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I hate it to hear of young people dying through mistakes or accident or bad lifestyle choices...it's really heart-wrenching.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Also, I think you should look into finding some new inspiration. Massive amounts of steroids and slamming ice cream cones on your forehead should not be inspiring. There are some awesome people in the fitness community. Expand your horizons.

yeah .......... this

• Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Zyzz
    Oh man, that's a blast from the past.

We were so young back then...

ETA: this thread is a blast from the past too.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Lol, who cares? People that NEED to have followers are just attention junkies. They are missing something in their life and compensate by doing stuff on Youtube to gain attention.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png