3-4 pounds a week

Options
Hello everyone. Tomorrow will be seven weeks since I have started my healthy life style. I started at 282, and I am down to 258 pounds. I'm losing about 3-4 pounds a week. I hate to do this, but should I up my calorie intake higher so I don't lose as much. I feel silly asking, because I want to lose weight, but I want to do it in a healthy way and not gain back what I have put hard work into. I currently eat 1650 calories a day. I do cardio five days a week and weights 2-3 times a week.

Replies

• uberleelee757
    uberleelee757 Posts: 7 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss!! I'm no expert at this, but are your net calories for the day 1650, or you're eating 1650 in calories as well as excercising. The latter could possibly explain your drastic weight loss. I'm happy for you! Best wishes!

*Edit: to add on, I net 1200 calories a day. The other day I got to eat 700 more calories because I worked out so much. :) That's what I consider a cheat day. I earned it!

I just started on Tuesday and lost 2 lbs as of Thursday. I am not going to weigh myself again until Tuesday.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Well done!
    I would too suggest that you increase your calories until you start losing no more than 2lbs a week. That would be better in the long term - for your skin, your hair, your muscles, your hormones, your period and general nutrition.
    I know I'm repeating well known information which you undoubtedly have heard of many times but I really think it would be better.
  • blackcars7411
    blackcars7411 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't change the calories until the app says to. In the beginning, losing weight is fast, but it will slow down.