Fighting the Urge

Day 6 and I am fighting the urge not to grab a chips ahoy chocolate chip cookie! Why did I get a sudden urge to just eat? How do I stop the cravings?

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    If I try to fight the urge I end up just overeating on them anyway. The awesome thing about chips ahoy is that they do make individual packs of them, so I can eat a package of the mini ones for about 160 calories. Satisfying that craving while not blowing my calories.
  • alreadydetermined2
    alreadydetermined2 Posts: 11 Member
    So the mini bags are okay?!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member

Absolutely any food you would like to eat is okay as long as you can fit it within your calorie goal. I personally cannot buy a regular thing of cookies because once they are open I will eat them until I'm sick. The bag of mini cookies is easier to control. I'll eat one bag and won't open another.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member

any food is ok if you make it fit into your daily calorie goals
  • KimSLWelling
    KimSLWelling Posts: 4 Member
    Talk about urges.... chocolate. I seek it out. Tough to fight some times. But I found Northern Star frozen chocolate Greek yogurt. YUM! Statified the chocolate urge at 90 calories. Tough not to eat the whole box, so I shared them with the family, lol.
  • YouGotThis435
    YouGotThis435 Posts: 29 Member
    I feel your pain! I had the urge for a snickers bar yesterday. I ended up buying one as I had the calories to fit in my day but ended up only eating two bites by setting goals I had to reach before I had my next bite. For example I was headed to a festival, so I told myself, I'll eat my second bite when I get to the festival. I had my first bite when I bought it. I had moments on the way there I really just wanted to say this is dumb, I may as well just eat it now, or its not that big of a deal to eat it now versus later, but once I was at the festival surrounded by other foods, I realized I didn't want to waste all my calories on the snickers, plus I became distracted by the hand made jewelry. The longer/more often you can say no to yourself, the easier it gets after a while. But you have to start with the first no, or stick to your smaller steps to dial back on your indulging.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Day 6 and I am fighting the urge not to grab a chips ahoy chocolate chip cookie! Why did I get a sudden urge to just eat?
    Because you like them and they're available?
    How do I stop the cravings?
    Not have them available?
    Eat more of them?
    Eat less of them?
    Eat something else?
    Do something else?