I love beer

Options
weezyxo
weezyxo Posts: 11 Member
Has anyone been at a complete standstill if they continue to have alcohol in their diet? I just restarted my weightloss.
I sometimes drink on the weekend and it'll be six beers at most.
I mean it's summer time and I want to live a little

Replies

• nfelkel
    nfelkel Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    So I know that it's possible but you should limit the amount of beer which sucks. Cuz I'm with you I love beer, it's summer so.... lol.
  • crushingitdaily12345
    crushingitdaily12345 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I love beer, too... I live in Wisconsin, so yeah! hahaha... (and I bet I could drink you under the table ;) ) hahaha...
  • fatblatta
    fatblatta Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I love beer too. And ale, stout, and pale ales the most! Sadly they are high in carbs, calories, and other negative stuff. On the other hand, a few beers are great for your sanity and soul. I used to drink a few every day. I gave it up 6 months ago. I have an occasional scotch or some wine. Try without if for a while. Have some if you really want it. It can be a party some days. Just not every day. A few once in a while is fine.

Cheers!
  • eyer0ll
    eyer0ll Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Me too! Going to have some in a little bit. I just try and work them into my calorie goal for the day. I'm still losing.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,984 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    weezyxo wrote: »
    I sometimes drink on the weekend and it'll be six beers at most.

Well, depending on the type of beer you drink, that could be 720-1440 cals of beer. If you can fit them into your diet, go for it but, while I still drink some alcohol, I had to all but totally stop drinking sodas and beer but, then again, I was drinking as many as 6 cans of sodas and 6 cans of beer a DAY. LOL!!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I make it fit my weekly calories.

Save a few hundred a day during the week to use at weekends.
  • jeremypetz
    jeremypetz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I only drink one beer a day now unless I am doing a free day. I drink craft beer so my callories per beer range from 150 per beer to almost 700 per beer depending on the abv ( Dragons milk triple mash....mmmmm)

Now however I am trying to count my carbs and keep to a low carb diet....there seems to be no way to really predict carbs from a particular beer like you can calculate calories. Any thoughts from anyone besides "don't drink beer"?
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful that I don't care for alcohol much but my bestie (also on mfp) easily logs 10oz rum weekend days. I don't know how she has the strength not to overeat after having that much to drink but bless her soul she loses steadily. If it fits it fits but if it's such a large portion that to make it fit you need to sacrifice micronutrients I'd probably limit it. It doesn't sound like that's the case with OP so I say enjoy your summer!
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I don't drink much beer anymore. Use to love very hoppy beer but I can't afford the calories. So I usually drink wine or vodka/soda with lime. Less calories and still get a buzz.
  • yoherbs421
    yoherbs421 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Sometimes ill consider my beer as a cheat meal. And like another poster above said you can save up calories for the week and splurge on the weekend, like tonight! Ill have about 8 tall cans equalling about 1700-1800 cal. My TDEE is 3500 and my daily goal is 2260. Somewhere in there I can afford my 8 tall cans, especially after a week of heavy lifting heck yea i can afford it. Ive been doing it like this and im still hitting my goal of 1.5 pds a week! Its doable!! Have some fun! =D
  • KirbySmith46
    KirbySmith46 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I had to cut beer out of my diet because I couldn't lose! Makes me sad!
  • jeremypetz
    jeremypetz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't drink much beer anymore. Use to love very hoppy beer but I can't afford the calories. So I usually drink wine or vodka/soda with lime. Less calories and still get a buzz.

Less carbs... calories are based on ABV calculation.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I'm down over 130 lbs. I still have alcohol in my diet. Just less than before.
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    It might not be too different from enjoying any other things in moderation.
    I don't particularly care for alcohol, so it was relatively easy for me to reduce intake - I will now have only a glass of wine or one or two gins with diet tonic when out.
    But for me, my pre-weight loss consumption of chocolate was fairly extreme. I'd easily eat a 100g chocolate bar or two slices of cake in one sitting, and that's kind of like drinking six beers in one sitting. So I had to learn how to only eat the amount that fits with my calories, say 20g of chocolate or half a slice of cake in one go. If it's a special occasion, I'd enjoy more of it but then eat less of something else. If it's not a special occasion, then I just have to eat a little bit to make it work into my calorie limit.
    So maybe the way forward for you could be to enjoy say two beers on a regular day out, and leave six beers for a very special occasion?
  • Healthyhenk
    Healthyhenk Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I like beer too, but the calories. The sun is shining and a nice cold beer would go perfect. What about desperados? Or other fresh beers? Are they higher or lower in calories? And what about red wine (during a nice evening with friends and food) or a rose wine ?
  • Healthyhenk
    Options
    By the way, I got a little belly because of the beer and I what to get it out of the way. It's not much but I just want I to go away :smile:
  • Healthyhenk
    Options
    bdivtjkbkcku.jpg
    :smiley: beer weather
  • helenjhanley
    helenjhanley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try non-alcoholic beer from Europe, it tastes like good beer. My daughter's friend helped themselves to some my fridge and had no idea it was NA. It is better than domestic beer and domestic NA is swill. 64 calories! try Kaliber by Guinness from Ireland. Claushaler from Germany,
    St Pauli Girl has s great NA, Buckler from Holland. Many great choices.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I have a drink most nights and fit it into my numbers. I lost 40lbs and have been maintaining for about two months now.
  • broseidonkingofbrocean
    broseidonkingofbrocean Posts: 180 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Live your life and don't worry about it. Might not be the best advice but to me life>weight loss. Doing it say once or twice a week wouldn't ruin your weight loss. The thing about tracking alcohol calories isn't just about the calories in it, it also does have other effects which could hinder weight loss.

"Because your body sees these by-products as dangerous, it wants to use them as fuel. This means your body will significantly blunt fat-burning close to 75% after just one and a half drinks.2 And it will stop using carbs for energy. Therefore, although very little alcohol will be stored as fat (less than 5%), the fat and carbs you are eating have an increased risk of being stored as fat."

From http://www.builtlean.com/2012/11/26/alcohol-weight-loss/