Adipex/phentermine advice

Options
I know everyone's body is different so not everyone is going to lose the same but I feel like I should have lost atleast 3 lbs by now. I've been on this medicine for 4 days now. I exercise mon-fri at the gym for an hour. I portion my food and eat healthier than I normally would. Anyone have any advice/ motivation because I don't know if it's me or if it's just taking its time but I feel like what I'm doing is nothing at all.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    4 days huh? How much weight are you trying to lose?
  • blackcars7411
    blackcars7411 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    4 days is not long enough to see results on that medicine. U need to wait at least 2-4 weeks before u evaluate ur results. The medicine is designed to decrease ur hunger signals. Since u been on it for 4 days, it would be better to see if ur appetite has decrease in those 4 days instead of weight loss.
  • tiffanyhernandez1804
    tiffanyhernandez1804 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would definitely give it some more time it took about a week and a half before I saw any weight coming off but my appetite was definitely smaller than before. Give it another week/week and a half or so.
  • hicksbri3077
    hicksbri3077 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Alright thank you.
    @Tiny_Dancer_in_Pink I'm trying to lose at least 20-25 lbs.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Alright thank you.
    @Tiny_Dancer_in_Pink I'm trying to lose at least 20-25 lbs.

Then you should be trying to lose no more than .5 to 1lb a week. 3 lbs in 4 days is completely unrealistic.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    You need more patience. All the pills are supposed to be doing is curbing your appetite, they don't make weight magically drop off. You should be expecting this to take about 5-6 months at least. 4 days is nothing.

Also keep in mind, your weight fluctuates all the time. There is lots of stuff in your body other than fat, and that stuff fluctuates all the time, especially water weight. So you aren't going to see regular losses day to day. So be more patient and good luck.