Hi Everyone, Introducing myself and trying to find some support on my journey :)

Options
So, I am new to all of this. I decided to do something about my weight and start of this year i decided to follow slimming world from home, never attended a group just went by notes and research i had found. I really enjoyed doing sw however, I started to research nutrition after coming across a few videos on you tube. I have started learning about Nutrition. I am by no means an expert or think i have good knowledge as i don't. But i feel that Sw allows you to have unlimited amounts of food with no portion control. I have lost 3.5 stone in 18 weeks following the plan but i am bored. I have decided that i am going to eat a good diet, similar to sw but weigh everything and also have calories left over for what i want and fancy, There are no restrictions, so far i feel good. I weigh on Tuesday so will see how this is going. I am actually obsessed with nutrition and have learned alot over the last few months, Slimming world is an amazing plan and honestly it does work but there is a point where i feel that people will get to target and get bored, I have a lot i want to lose still now, and i feel that my losses were slowing down due to portion control. Its crazy i feel that alot of good healthy foods are to be synned on slimming world, yet you can eat unlimited Muller lights? They are classed as free foods, But anyway. I decided to add a whole day of eating slimming world to my diary and was shocked at the amount of calories i was consuming. I feel this is what has slowed me right down, My limit is 1700 and i was hitting way over 2000. So the last week i combined lean meats, wholemeal bread, eggs, salad, veg, fruit, also treats. And i have been using lower calories and pretty much hitting my macros.

I am determined and needed something to stop me from going crazy and MFP was something i have been needing, Sw showed me alot of health changes which i needed but unfortunetly i feel that if i was to stay on it any longer i would of gone of the wagon.

I track my progress each day, Feel free to add me as a friend on here. I have none what so ever right now and i would like to invite you all to my journey :)

Sam xx

Replies

• Fiqahana
    Fiqahana Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm Hana. I'm 21 years old. I joined MFP on 2013 but I guess never really stuck with it. So currently, I'm on an almost 4 months semester break from university so figured I better focus on myself, just losing weight and getting healthy. I was at my heaviest by the end of February 2017 where I weighed almost 125kg. I currently weight 117kg and is working hard to at least be 110kg by the end of June and my main goal for my semester break is to be 90kg or at least below 100kg by the end of August.

I was diagnosed with GERD at the end of February 2017 and was hospitalized for 4 days because of it. It felt terrible as I felt like it was hard to breath, it's like a sensation of a lump in the throat. At the hospital I kept on throwing up the food I ate, I couldn't even sleep, I was crying most of the time because my GERD was really bad, I had to be on Xanax for a few days just so I could get some rest. It has been almost 3 months of me dealing with GERD and I have on medication yet I still have the symptoms, although it is now better as I do not throw up anymore and I am able to sleep. I am going to make an appointment for an endoscopy very soon just to be clear on what is the cause of my GERD and hopefully after that I will be able to get suitable medications that will make me recover 100%. One of my doctors did say losing weight my just be the cure for my GERD and after doing some research, I did find that what he said is true and most people who have GERD does feel better after losing weight. So, I hope when I do lose weight, I'll be so much healthier and happier as well and my GERD will be gone completely, forever.

So basically, I am determined to lose all this weight and be completely healthy again. I am going to take control of my life, this is it. Here's to a better life, a better me. If you have GERD or maybe you just wanna be friends, add me as a friend. I'd love to have people to encourage me get on the right track and it will be my honour to encourage my fellow friends to stay motivated as well. Have a nice day! Thank you for reading, I appreciate it! :smiley:
  • samlouise93
    samlouise93 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Hana, It is lovely to meet you! Wow, you are truly amazing and you are not giving up.. No matter what life throws at you, just keep going, sounds like you are doing an amazing job and i will look forward to seeing your future posts. You can do this, and i will be behind you following your journey each and every day. Thank you for your reply, and i wish you all the best, Keep going :) xxx