7 days a week?

Options
I workout at home using few training apps i.e. NTC, Freeletics, Fitstar, etc. Depends on my strength focus. I workout 6 days a week, 30-45 minutes a day. Sunday is my rest day, as advised by a friend of mine that I should take even just a day from working out. Do you really think a day of rest from workout is necessary? Who here workout 7 days a week?

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I work out every day.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I train 4 days a week. I wouldn't want to do more, because, life. And resting is just as important as training.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    it depends on how hard you are working out.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    The exercise that I love to do is too intense to do 7 days per week. I could workout 7 days though if I did something else, or added light cardio to my routine.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    7 days a week unless a health issue sidelines me.

But I vary my workouts a lot. So one day might be a 2 km walk ... and another day might be a 200 km bicycle ride. :)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I workout 4x, but I walk a few miles daily.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I run 3-4 days a week. Yoga every day, walk 5 miles a day in the days I don't run.

I call those rest days, I couldn't do an inactive day.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    My only exercise is walking. I aim for a minimum of 15k steps a day which is roughly 10kms 7 days a week.
  • NEMom80
    NEMom80 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'd do a walk on the days you're not working out. It gives me the motivation to keep going and not skip a second or third day.
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    6 days a week I run but on my rest day I will still be walking about and probably do 15k plus steps
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I prefer to lift 5 days a week, and on the other days do some circuits, yoga and light cardio etc. So active rest but nothing too strenuous that it will affect my training.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I weight train 4 days a week
    Cardio is daily
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    I physically exercise everyday. I do about 30 minutes of cardio daily except Saturdays and Sundays where I walk an hour a day in the morning. Monday-Friday I lift focusing on one body part a day.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • TheChaoticBuffalo
    TheChaoticBuffalo Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I do a minimum of 30 minutes of rowing six days a week and weights on three of those days. Sunday is my rest day. I always feel kind of "out of place" when I'm not on the rowing machine on Sundays, but I make myself take the rest day anyway.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Rest is important, particularly if what you're doing is fairly strenuous...rest is where you recover and make fitness gains. I'm active 7 days per week, but it all varies in intensity. Often, particularly on weekends, my activity is really recreation...like yesterday I took my two boys to the climbing gym and we rock climbed for two hours...it's a great workout actually, but I don't really think of it the same way as I do going to my gym to lift or doing a training ride...Sometimes I have days where I just go for a long walk and do some yoga or something...not everything is a sufferfest training bout.
  • qpmomma1
    qpmomma1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I walk every day. I log them as workouts because for me it is. Some days I go hard and try to jog or go for longer and some days I just do a mile.
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Your body and your mind need a day off. Very well run *** recent*** studies show conclusively that a rest day is essential to top performance. It allows your muscles a full day to repair. People who do not take a rest day a week may be very fit and very strong, but they rarely find out what their bodies are truly capable of.

This is not to say that you have to be still! You just have to keep it to a stroll.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I run 7 days a week. Cardio doesn't require the rest days that strength training does.