At the home stretch but STALLING

Options
So, I started off at 215 lbs and am now at 150 lbs which I'm really proud of. Despite this, these last 10 lbs are KILLER.

I even hit 142 at one point but soared right back up within a month. I don't count calories (this stresses me out and causes me to eat more than I would because generally I average out by the end of the week, some days I eat 500 calories, other days I eat 2000).

Anyway, Ramadan is next week and I will also be done with classes (a little worried that my eating habits will get worse due to the former and my activity level will go down due to the latter). Not quite sure how to proceed to try and lose these 10 lbs.

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    If you don't count calories, how do you know that some days you eat 500, and other days you eat 2000?

Why not have a weekly calorie goal, and that way you can eat how you feel on a daily basis, but know that you're eating in deficit for the last ten pounds?
  • ladypew
    ladypew Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Use youtube and do workouts from home - Blogilates has some great ones to strengthen and tone. There's plenty of ones for cardio - POPSUGAR is good for this.
  • ladypew
    ladypew Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Also fitness youtubers will often have like a 6 week, 30 day, 1 week etc challenge - which is great for motivation. I stalled for an entire month on 143lbs and I was dieting quite well. Stuck with it and finally under 140lbs. Dont lose faith
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with following a weekly calorie goal, many here do that to save up for nights out or special occasions.

Have you taken a diet break? If not I would probably do that for the duration of Ramadan and then start losing again after it ends.
  • LRamsing
    LRamsing Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you keep a single sentence in your head during the Ramadan, I think you will come through okay: Food is not entertainment. Really savour, taste and chew the food. Put down your utensils for each mouthful. Being more mindful when eating has definitely helped me, also when fasting.
    If you've hit a plateau... Well. Counting calories IS tedious (imo), but doing so a few times a week might help you get an insight into how many calories to expect from a given meal. Building experience on the field of eyeballing calories might be helpful as well. Also, upping your activity level will help. Find something that you think is fun! To me, the most fun sort of cardio I can have is either playing with friends (a form of softball) or skipping rope. Try some things out! Find your fun :3
    Best of luck on your onward journey!
  • pavingnewpaths
    pavingnewpaths Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    If you don't count calories, how do you know that some days you eat 500, and other days you eat 2000?

Why not have a weekly calorie goal, and that way you can eat how you feel on a daily basis, but know that you're eating in deficit for the last ten pounds?

Roughly speaking, I am aware of what I'm eating but not particular about my calorie counting.

To be honest I feel as though that'll be equally as stressful. It's just on a weekly basis rather than daily. I will be way too conscious of what I'm eating and I find that anxiety inducing.
  • pavingnewpaths
    pavingnewpaths Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    LRamsing wrote: »
    If you keep a single sentence in your head during the Ramadan, I think you will come through okay: Food is not entertainment. Really savour, taste and chew the food. Put down your utensils for each mouthful. Being more mindful when eating has definitely helped me, also when fasting.
    If you've hit a plateau... Well. Counting calories IS tedious (imo), but doing so a few times a week might help you get an insight into how many calories to expect from a given meal. Building experience on the field of eyeballing calories might be helpful as well. Also, upping your activity level will help. Find something that you think is fun! To me, the most fun sort of cardio I can have is either playing with friends (a form of softball) or skipping rope. Try some things out! Find your fun :3
    Best of luck on your onward journey!

Yeah I definitely think activity during the summer might be key here. I will be working part-time and studying for my LSAT exam but I should try to find time in between to hit the gym or at the very least walk daily. Thank you!
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I am at my last 10 lbs also. Going VERY slowly.... about 1/3 lb per week. I exercise regularly (75 minutes on treadmill and yoga) - but have just recently added in boxing classes. I am hoping this new addition to my activity will somehow "jar" my system into a higher gear. Am working new and different parts of my body and at a much more intense level. I have the soreness to prove it - LOL. Good luck and hang in there. That's all we can do, right???