How's it going Day 2+ Shredders?

Options
Write your thoughts tips and encouragement here! :happy: Keep pushing everyone... All of us can find 30 minutes out of our day!
Shred those pounds!

Replies

• losingtheselbs
    losingtheselbs Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    D2 L1, I cramped a leg muscle half way through my workout today, almost at the ennd of the second circuit. It was too painful to push on but I've promised myself I'll do an extra day at the end to make up for it! I think I might not have stretched properly... How is everyone else going? For under half an hour it really does kick your butt!
  • karhaz123
    karhaz123 Posts: 35
    Options
    My legs are killing from the first one. haha but I am going to do it after work today. Keep on pushing on!
  • jcarmel
    jcarmel Posts: 30
    Options
    I'll be doing my 2nd day today...but after yesterday my arms, thighs & and hurt! Shows me what all those other videos weren't doing!
  • losingtheselbs
    losingtheselbs Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing my 2nd day today...but after yesterday my arms, thighs & and hurt! Shows me what all those other videos weren't doing!

Exactly right! I have an hour long workout video that isn't even half as challenging as this!
  • Gottagetfit4me
    Gottagetfit4me Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Wish I could still Shred ... after 4 days I now have shin splints. :( Which is really disheartening because I was so proud of myself and really think this was the jump start I needed.
    I am going to get fitted for new shoes or might possibly even try doing this barefoot? Any thoughts or has anyone had the same issue?
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Hi there, this is great isnt it!

Okay well my torn calf muscle is a bit of a pain but just twangy.... I am struggling not to put my knee over my toes when doing the squats..... and the side lunge squatty things are haaaarrrrrrdddd especially raising the weights lol!!! but I am pleased to be doing this I am going to continue, I have heard really good things and I am not going to take any notice of my poxy HRM which gives me next to no cals for this set of exercises.......

My upper body knows that I am using weights I am not used to using weights at all! My legs less noticeable I run and cycle (when i dont have torn muscles!!!!!!)

Come on girlies let us do this and get to look like jillian in 30 eh! lol!!!!!
  • clioandboy
    Options
    Wish I could still Shred ... after 4 days I now have shin splints. :( Which is really disheartening because I was so proud of myself and really think this was the jump start I needed.
    I am going to get fitted for new shoes or might possibly even try doing this barefoot? Any thoughts or has anyone had the same issue?

Hi can you not walk the jumping jacks (one leg out then the other in stepping rather than jumping) and ditto with the other cardio exercises walk thru so you do what you can how you can rather than leave it? reduced is better than nothing, i reckon and the upper body stuff n abs stuff you can do with shin splints, change the rest of your bod girlie!!!!!!!! we can do this....
  • Gottagetfit4me
    Gottagetfit4me Posts: 56 Member
    Options

Hi can you not walk the jumping jacks (one leg out then the other in stepping rather than jumping) and ditto with the other cardio exercises walk thru so you do what you can how you can rather than leave it? reduced is better than nothing, i reckon and the upper body stuff n abs stuff you can do with shin splints, change the rest of your bod girlie!!!!!!!! we can do this....

You are right! ! !! I didn't even think of doing this. Just kinda been down and out about it. I am going to give it a try tonight and see how it goes. I can add the extra windmills and punches instead too. Thank you :D
  • clioandboy
    Options

You are right! ! !! I didn't even think of doing this. Just kinda been down and out about it. I am going to give it a try tonight and see how it goes. I can add the extra windmills and punches instead too. Thank you :D

My pleasure! let me know how you get on!
  • ingies2011
    ingies2011 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    It has taken me about three weeks to get to day 10 of level one, when I first started my quads got really really sore from all those lunges, so bad I couldn't do it for again for three or four days, but after about a week that has gotten much better. I have also done banish fat, boost metabolism once and will do it again tomorrow. I used to do a lot of hiking and a bit of running,and always considered myself relatively fit, but those lunges were bad, now I have done it about 9 times I have no problems with most of it.

If you are just starting like most others say keep at it, it will get better and you will see results.
  • Mary156
    Mary156 Posts: 15
    Options
    Im starting today. I had baseball yesterday and hurt my ankle. But im def starting today (:
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    today is day 3.....i'm sore but in a good way!!!! muffintop BEGONE!!!!!!
  • Thamantha
    Thamantha Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I started today, sweated tons and found it challenging, but in a good way. I will tell you tomorrow how day two goes :)
  • ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 7 of Level 1 .. I'm taking 2 weeks to do each Level .. I got to Level 2 last time I started and it was difficult so I figured I needed to work up to it a bit. Good luck to you all just starting!
  • pinkyslippers
    pinkyslippers Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Loving all these ideas to adapt the moves...I twisted my ankle walking this lunchtime (not badly, but feels a bit tender) so I might have to walk the jumping moves tonight! xx
  • luna88
    luna88 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am starting 30DS tonight no more excuses...time to get this going for real this time! GL everyone can't wait to join you in the pain cause if it hurts i know its working! :)
  • clioandboy
    Options
    @luna love your pooches!!!! i have a golden retriever and a black lab cross........ gonna change up my profile pic so you can see them!
  • lrbarr
    lrbarr Posts: 60
    Options
    My left calf muscle cramped up yesterday... sorry Jillian not enough warm up for me! SOOO, today I decided to do my jog before I joined Jillian. No such luck- almost home and my calf cramped, ouch! I drink alot of water and feel like I'm in shape enough, but need to focus more on my calfs before I work out.
    Still Shredded though... NO EXCUSES! Just moved my arms more to keep my heart rate up! Now on to day 3...:flowerforyou:
  • pinkyslippers
    pinkyslippers Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Wow, well done to everyone for getting through despite all the injuries and niggles! I completed day 2 and it seemed to go much quicker than yesterday! Had to cheat on some of the cardio but I got through it. See you all tomorrow! xxx
  • sallycinnamon1
    Options
    Just done day 2 - worked a lot harder than day 1. The main thing i'm struggling with is the push ups - omg it hurts!!! don't think i have ever done them before. Also knees are clicking a bit and i keep worrying i'm not doing it right. Apart from that i'm feeling good (bet i can't get downstairs tomorrow morning!!!). Keep at it all x