Are you supposed to eat your workout calories?

Options
I see that my calories adjust to what I have burned... am I supposed to eat those too to ensure I am getting enough to keep losing?

Replies

• allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    To ensure you're getting enough to fuel your workouts, get adequate nutrition, and minimize the odds of binges.
  • lcrepp
    lcrepp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you are trying to lose weight, no.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I eat my exercise calories, all of them, a lot of people start by eating 50% of them and adjust the % based on actual results.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    It is the way this tool is designed...it is how you account for exercise activity. Suffice it to say that if you are doing activity beyond the activity level you set, that activity should be accounted for. Increased activity = increased energy (calorie) requirements.
    lcrepp wrote: »
    If you are trying to lose weight, no.

Wrong...
  • Caecile84
    Caecile84 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat part of it. I use the exercise calories for something I normally don't allow myself to eat or drink. A piece of chocolate or a glas of wine with my dinner.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Take a couple minutes to watch Sidesteel's video here, it answers your question very thoroughly: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10503681/exercise-calories-do-i-eat-these-a-video-explanation/p1