Apples?

AmeChops
AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
edited 7:58AM in Recipes
I bought a bag of apples to snack on and they're really not very nice :-(( Anyone got any ideas what I can make with them?? It has to be low in fat, calories and other stuff I'm not too fussed about.

Replies

• FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    You could cook them down a bit with some cinnimon and then spoon them over oatmeal...
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Applesauce? Apple-bran type muffins?
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    im not a fan of apples either...unless they're being dipped in caramel sauce
  • annie3372
    annie3372 Posts: 14
    if you want a crunchy snack, apples and celery together are nice. Just cut them up into bite size pieces and alternate between the two. !!
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    You could cook them down a bit with some cinnimon and then spoon them over oatmeal...

^^^^^^^^^^^^
    my favourite way to eat ugly apples
  • Crystel22
    Crystel22 Posts: 237 Member
    You can dip them in peanut butter. My son and I love them like that!!
  • AmeChops
    if you want a crunchy snack, apples and celery together are nice. Just cut them up into bite size pieces and alternate between the two. !!

Normally that would be an ideal thing - there's something about mixing sweet and savoury :-)) However, these apples are kinda fluffy in the middle and I like crisp crunchy ones.

I might have to investigate apple bran muffins :-D
  • Gina1165
    Gina1165 Posts: 2 Member
    slice up and dip into non fat vanilla yogart with cinn ... yummy
  • jschm947
    jschm947 Posts: 84 Member
    dehydrator??? Make apple chips :) Sprinkle w/ cinn first. YUM!
  • mrdavidjk
    mrdavidjk Posts: 105
    next time try gala apples they are the nicest apples inmho and they contain way more vit c than most apples

dehydrated with cinnamon sounds nice
  • AmeChops
    next time try gala apples they are the nicest apples inmho and they contain way more vit c than most apples

They were Gala's :-(( Maybe I just got a manky bag :-((
This discussion has been closed.