New shorty

Options
Hello

i've been doing MyFitnessPal for a couple of months now, but not made any friends, having not convinced any real life friends to do this. I don't know why as it's the first weight loss toll I've used in years that has actually worked - I've lost 8lb so far.

I'm also short, 5 foot and a *kitten* end, or an inch. Sometimes I'm 5"2, it depends on who is measuring me!

Do short people have to eat less?

Replies

• lindak71
    lindak71 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    The bigger you are the more calories you require to get through a day. As you lose weight your calorie requirement decreases. I'm down to 1340 as my base, with only a 410 calorie/day deficit. So in order to lose that one pound per week I have to make sure I leave 90 calories uneaten (I exercise every day so it's not difficult for me to do). I don't want to readjust my calorie intake goal yet. MFP keeps asking me every weigh-in, but I don't want to go under 1300 calories for my base!
  • glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I think we shorties need less, yes. I like your description of your height too! Made me chuckle. I'm 5' 1" on a good day and was recently measured at 5'. I choose to dismiss that entirely. I'm set at 1200 as default on here, but I went to a website to get my BMR and it was anything between 1200 and 1275 so I guess that's right.