My eating habit

Options
flatalex123
flatalex123 Posts: 11 Member
edited May 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey all

So I'm pretty active most of the year, right now I'm doing basketball 3 times a week and boxing once or twice. Right now I'm in an eating habit of not going to breakfast or lunch only eating morning tea and dinner (This is due to me just not wanting to walk down to the dinner hall to get food that is plain.) Morning tea is food such as pies, hotdogs, sushi, croissants etc I will normally grab two of whatever it is plus an apple. Dinner is random and chosen by the school, it is mostly healthy. I don't normally eat much (small plate), plus I will have an apple and never have dessert. On the weekends I eat less as morning tea is not given to us but i will normally eat one or two chicken noodles.

My weight will stay the same for a year and then jump by 5 to 10kg in about 10 weeks which will stay the same for another year. My eating habit doesn't really change during the 10 weeks and i never lose weight

Dose anyone know what i am doing wrong and how i can fix it?

Thanks
A 100kg 6 foot 3 teen

Replies

• Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Eat balanced, eat three meals a day. Watch your sodium, time of month, etc.

The rapid weight gain might be related to something else in your life...such as going home from school, etc.

Just my thoughts...
  • flatalex123
    Options
    Noel that why i signed up. Thanks for the support
  • flatalex123
    Options
    sunsweet77 wrote: »

The rapid weight gain might be related to something else in your life...such as going home from school, etc.

Just my thoughts...

What do you mean time of month? Im going to try and go to breakfast and lunch. Thank
  • Blitzia
    Blitzia Posts: 205 Member
    Options

Just my thoughts...

What do you mean time of month? Im going to try and go to breakfast and lunch. Thank

Also, if you are counting calories, you really can eat however and whenever you want. If breakfast or lunch isn't your thing, you don't have to eat at those times. But if you aren't paying attention to what you eat and how many calories you're consuming, it's hard to tell why you're gaining weight and even harder to fix it. Once you find your calorie goal, you can spread out those calories however you want throughout the day.
  • flatalex123
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Hello?...OP is a male. No time of month. :|

oh...
  • flatalex123
    Options
    Blitzia wrote: »

Just my thoughts...

Also, if you are counting calories, you really can eat however and whenever you want. If breakfast or lunch isn't your thing, you don't have to eat at those times. But if you aren't paying attention to what you eat and how many calories you're consuming, it's hard to tell why you're gaining weight and even harder to fix it. Once you find your calorie goal, you can spread out those calories however you want throughout the day.

Thanks for the help
  • beanz744
    beanz744 Posts: 221 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    i m a fitness instructor n i weight train n teach high impact cardio n i still can gain weight if i dont watch what i eat. i gained 20 lbs last year n did i notice how many days or weeks that i was over eating? NO. Like most of my students who says "i didnt over eat, why did l gain weight!", i fell into the same trap. unless a person has a medical condition, gaining weight is 99.9% due to eating more calories than burned. sometimes it is not over eating food per say but eating too much calorie dense food. the only way for u to know for sure is;

1. buy a food scale (this is ur most important tool)
    2. set up a profile with an easy goal at first (start with .5 or 1lbs a week for the first 2 weeks to ease ur body into it). MFP will give u a daily allowance so u dont need to figure it out yourself.
    3. join an online challenge (optional)
    4. ditch any non supportive friends
    5. donate all junk foods (ASAP)
    6. dont tell people that u r trying to lose weight coz most will tell u to EAT MORE (smile n ignore them if they do but do not give in coz u have a goal n they dont)
    7. LOG everything u eat consistently
    8. google search for recipes if needed

GOOD LUCK!!!

PS unless u weight yourself weekly, u will not notice the weight gain until it is significant n its been there for a while. the 'sudden' weight gain might be a gradual thing but u just didnt notice until ur clothes dont fit anymore.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    You are a teen, you are growing. You will gain weight because you are growing. Please talk to someone you trust at school about this.

Are you over 18?
  • flatalex123
    edited May 2017
    Options
    cmtigger wrote: »
    You are a teen, you are growing. You will gain weight because you are growing. Please talk to someone you trust at school about this.

Are you over 18?

18 yeah sure. I don't like when people worry about me but if it gets bad and need help i will
  • flatalex123
    Options
    beanz744 wrote: »
    i m a fitness instructor n so what? i still can gain weight if i dont watch what i eat n hence i gained 20 lbs last year. did i notice how many days or weeks that i was over eating? NO. Like most of my students who says the same "i didnt over eat, why did l gain weight!" unless a person has a medical condition, gaining weight is 99.9% due to eating more calories than burned. sometimes it is not over eating food per say but eating too much calorie dense food. the only way for u to know for sure is;

2. set up a profile with an easy goal at first (start with .5 or 1lbs a week for the first 2 weeks to ease ur body into it). MFP will give u a daily allowance so u dont need to figure it out yourself.
    6. dont tell people that u r trying to lose weight coz most will tell u to EAT MORE (smile n ignore them if they do but do not give in coz u have a goal n they dont)

GOOD LUCK!!!

I can't choose what i am going to eat due to being at a boarding house which cooks and choose everything, but I have removed all junk food. Thanks for all advice
  • beanz744
    beanz744 Posts: 221 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    i m a fitness instructor n so what? i still can gain weight if i dont watch what i eat n hence i gained 20 lbs last year. did i notice how many days or weeks that i was over eating? NO. Like most of my students who says the same "i didnt over eat, why did l gain weight!" unless a person has a medical condition, gaining weight is 99.9% due to eating more calories than burned. sometimes it is not over eating food per say but eating too much calorie dense food. the only way for u to know for sure is;

GOOD LUCK!!!

I can't choose what i am going to eat due to being at a boarding house which cooks and choose everything, but I have removed all junk food. Thanks for all advice

actually i will tell u a secret. weight loss doesnt care about what u eat. good or bad food is the same to the weight loss formula. u can be eating unhealthy food everyday but if u eat less calories than u burned consistently, u will lose weight n vice versa. in summary it doesnt matter what u eat as long as u r at or under ur daily calorie allowance from MFP, then u will lose weight. u will have a better understand after u log consistently for a few weeks. of course, ur mid term n long term health condition is still very much depending on the quality of ur food.

PS r u sure that u r over weight? i know everyone is different but my friend who is 6.2 n hes at 87kg n he is not skninny but hes NOT over weight at all.
  • flatalex123
    Options

GOOD LUCK!!!

actually i will tell u a secret. weight loss doesnt care about what u eat. good or bad food is the same to the weight loss formula. u can be eating unhealthy food everyday but if u eat less calories than u burned consistently, u will lose weight n vice versa. in summary it doesnt matter what u eat as long as u r at or under ur daily calorie allowance from MFP, then u will lose weight. u will have a better understand after u log consistently for a few weeks. of course, ur mid term n long term health condition is still very much depending on the quality of ur food.

PS r u sure that u r over weight? i know everyone is different but my friend who is 6.2 n hes at 87kg n he is not skninny but hes NOT over weight at all.

My bmi is about 28 which is 3 above the average. But even if I am not overweight I'm not happy with how I look. Thanks for telling me your secret