Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Overeating problem to the point of feeling sick

I have a problem over eating I just really enjoy it and to be honest I never know when I'm satisfied... I work in a restaurant where we served buffet today we got the left overs!! I filled my plate (couldn't finish it all) but filled it with almost a little bit of everything. Last weekend I didn't have a good experience with food cause I felt extremely sick and bloated and told myself I'd never do that again... this weekend was better I thought.... when I finished I knew I had eaten quite a bit but I didn't feel over full compared to the last time, gave it some time then it finally got me. Sadly I had to take a gravol for the nauseousness to go away... sorry if I'm all over the place with how I'm wording this. Hope it makes sense.

Ps I'm already a tiny person 5'2 and a half weigh between 107-111 lately I've been weighing 111 sadly

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    A combination of limitless portions and a love of food.

I suggest drinking lots of water on the job, and keep minty gum on hand.

Make up a SMALL plate at least half of veggies and eat very slowly.

I use chopsticks sometimes to slow myself down.

Eating slowly and mindfully will help you double or triple the pleasure of the meal at a fraction of the calories. You are also giving your stomach enough time to signal fullness.
  • missdelainie
    missdelainie Posts: 75 Member
    Thanks for the tips!!
  • yoherbs421
    yoherbs421 Posts: 160 Member
    jgnatca wrote: »
    A combination of limitless portions and a love of food.

I suggest drinking lots of water on the job, and keep minty gum on hand.

Make up a SMALL plate at least half of veggies and eat very slowly.

I use chopsticks sometimes to slow myself down.

Eating slowly and mindfully will help you double or triple the pleasure of the meal at a fraction of the calories. You are also giving your stomach enough time to signal fullness.

Solid advice!