Sad about the summer

Options
I'm at my heaviest weight since I had my daughter. Between medications, injuries and anxiety I have gained 50 lbs. None of my clothes fit, not even the big ones. Now, summer's here and I don't have any clothes to wear. I went shopping and nothing looked decent so now I'm depressed. I hate looking like a slob. I used to look so good and now not only my clothes look awful, I don't like to look at myself in the mirror.

Replies

• Keepthefaith16
    Keepthefaith16 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice...I'm just sort of depressed right now and have no will. I walk a lot during the day. I teach and go up and down the stairs 3 flights with a heavy backpack like15 times a day. But besides that, I'm not exercising
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Use your discouragement as motivation to make some changes!
  • neekonico
    neekonico Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way only a month and a half ago. I didn't fit into any of my summer clothes. I was the heaviest I've been. I started using myfitnesspal and calculated the amount of calories I needed to eat each day to lose 2 pounds per week. I've been averaging a pound and a half and have lost 10 pounds. I ordered a new swim suit. My old summer clothes were actually too big, so today I went shopping. I haven't worn shorts in 15 years, today I bought two pairs. You can get there. You just have to make a choice to start and know that you can do it. It's possible with portion control and making healthy food choices. It becomes second nature after a few weeks.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,005 Member
    Options
    a-year-from-now-you-may-wish-you-had-started-17242207.png
  • LlamasEatOranges
    LlamasEatOranges Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I feel you. I have to go to a camp this summer and I'm terrified about having to wear a bathing suit. I've also gained about 50lbs. Over a few years. It is easy to feel rewppy bad about yourself but you've gotta find a motivation point. Feel free to add me.
  • KayHBE
    KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Start today and move forward... You really have 2 choices do something about it or stay the same. There will be times when you slip (most of us do) but keep going. It took some time to put on the 50lbs and it will take some time to take it off, but you will start to feel better, and better about yourself.

Cheering for you!!
    You've got this!!
  • linreadsy
    linreadsy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I was at my heaviest weight just over a month ago. I haven't gone crazy with exercise (in fact I average only 6k steps a day), but I have been watching what I eat and I'm down 19 lbs. I know a lot of that was water weight, but it's a huge motivator to keep going. I'm headed to Maui next month, swimsuit, bare legs and all at 245 lbs. It's time to embrace who I am and where I'm going!
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I wish I could fit into cute clothes this summer, but I started out needing to lose 85lbs. I'm down almost 20. But that's still 65lbs to go. So I'm not even worrying about summer at all. Not even Fall at this point. In 6 months (Nov) I'd like to be down 30 more lbs. I want to look better for the holidays this year than I did last year. So short term doesn't even bother me at this point. I'm looking long term. This way I don't set myself up for disappointment.