Wiggly arms

Options
I'm afraid to say the word 'tone' but I'm desperate for my arms not to wiggle anymore. Can anyone recommend any exercises? Thanks!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit and patience
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    That. ^
    Google "spot reduction myth".
    Or search the forum for other opinions, since it's asked a few times a week. :+1:
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    in addition to a nice full body workout, you can do extra tricep exercises .
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    A calorie deficit and patience

This. It's the fat that jiggles... Losing it lessens the wiggle.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Fat & weight loss plus lots of pushups, pullups and dips. This worked for me.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Yes, fat and weight loss PLUS strength training/lifting that targets your various arm muscles, especially triceps. Also kayaking if you live near water (a very fun way to strengthen arms). I am slowly reducing my "wiggle" doing these things.
  • pwrlipstick
    pwrlipstick Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy things. Put them back down. Repeat. Watch as your arm wiggle decreases over time.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy things. Put them back down. Repeat. Watch as your arm wiggle decreases over time.

Except it won't unless you're in a deficit to lose fat...
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    The best exercises are fork putdowns and table pushaways, because fat is lost via caloric deficit. You can't spot reduce via exercise.

Beyond that, proper strength training (along with adequate protein intake) will help build the muscles so that when you finally get rid of the fat covering them, you have some nice muscles to show off. But until you get rid of the fat, you'll still have the jiggle.