Breastfeeding & Weight Loss

Options
Aiway
Aiway Posts: 11 Member
Hi Moms,
I'm 2 weeks pp and trying to cut back from 198lbs to a healthy BMI. No quick fixes and focusing on eating healthy. Would love to give and have some support and motivation along the way. If there is anyone else in the same boat and would like to have some company please add me as a friend. I've tried using MFP recently and without friends I just don't feel like logging in at all. When I did have a friend it was really fun and I would like to go back to it. Hope to hear from you.
Thanks and good luck!
Aye

Replies

• desertcoyote19
    desertcoyote19 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 8 weeks post partum and breast feeding. Just was released to start exercising again and looking for friends to motivate as well. I had success using mfp before pregnancy with friends, but most, if not all are inactive now. Motivation and support really do make all the difference on this app.
  • nconley83
    nconley83 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat - I would love some friends who are going through the same thing :)
  • Meh2Milf
    Meh2Milf Posts: 12 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'm still breastfeeding my almost 15 month old. Feel free to add me. :)

I think you're off to a great start making healthy food choices! At only 2 weeks you still need a surplus of calories for purely healing purposes let alone establishing your milk supply. Take it easy on yourself until at least your 6 week check up. Then play with adding in a small deficit and slowly increasing it if you're ready. I miss those sweet newborn days! I hope you're getting some good rest. Be kind to yourself those early weeks can be tough!

PS: I learned late to the game that you need a much larger ratio of fat/protein to carbs (not low carb by any means) while breastfeeding vs not breastfeeding. It helps make more nutritious milk and it makes a big difference with that gnawing breastfeeding hunger.