Sick of salad

Options
2»

Replies

• RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I am also not a big fan of salads. By the time I make them taste good, they aren't good for me anymore (bacon, ranch, chicken tender, etc)

I like to do crock pot stuff, so I have all cut up and frozen a baggie of veggies to toss in with the meat (peppers, carrots, potatoes, whatever is on sale). I also find it less tedious if I try and do - one at breakfast, two at lunch, one at snack time and one at dinner.
  • Denisse075
    Denisse075 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Soups and stir fry... Im vegetabled out myself right now :/
  • jbirdgreen
    jbirdgreen Posts: 569 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I, too, hate regular salad and think lettuce sucks. My standard veggies wouldn't work as an office thing, but it's like five minutes start-to-finish at home.
    Here:
    * .5 cup each of frozen broccoli, spinach, and "mixed veggies" in a bowl. Plus frozen kale, if you can get it.
    * add random meat on top (sausage, chicken, meatballs, whatever)
    * seasoning, whatever you like (Lite Salt + Nu Salt is aces and potassiumrific)
    * over the top of all that, add olive oil, brown sauce (BBQ or HP sauce) and some sriracha sauce for a lil' heat

Microwave for about 3 minutes. When done, cut up the big chunks and toss it all so the sauces are spread around, and eat. It's delicious.

Me too! Only I'm a vegetarian, and people generally expect me to eat it and love it. Blech.
    • I love roasted veggies. Almost every vegetable tastes great roasted. Faves are broccoli, cauliflower, corn (wrapped in foil with a little bit of butter or healthy fat), carrots and Brussel sprouts.
    • It's may be a little warm for this now, but vegetable chilis and soups are a great way to get some extra veggies in.
    • Make kale chips when you want a salty snack at home
    • Make wraps! Has a lot of the same salad fixins, but somehow adding a wrap and a little cheese makes it so much better!
    • I stock up on steam in bag veggies. They are the perfect way to ensure that I get veggies with any meal -- so quick to prepare that I have zero excuses.
    • BBQ cauliflower! Bread it, bake it, sauce it, and bake it a lil more -- good faux chicken wings
    • Quiche can taste good room temp or hot -- I make one from Oh She Glows with sundried tomatoes, spinach and herbs.
    • Buy whole broccoli. Cut off the florets, then peel and grate the stalks. Grate a carrot, and add some shredded cabbage and/or snowpeas. Boom. Veggie packed stir fry.
    • Pasta! I love spinach lasagna and pasta.
  • shampbj
    shampbj Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Stuffed Peppers of different kinds make a great dinner and reheat the next day simply in the microwave. A couple of my favorites:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/couscous-and-feta-stuffed-peppers-230159 (Vegetarian)
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/santa-fe-turkey-stuffed-peppers/ ( I make with lean beef because they taste better than turkey)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to eat veggies is just raw with dip. The only veggies that I pretty much cook and serve as a side dish, is green beans and broccoli. Boring. I like sweet peppers, carrots, cucumbers, broccoli raw dipped in ranch.
  • court_alacarte
    court_alacarte Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    make a meal in a crockpot and just throw some rando veggies in there. for a meatball recipe, i added the marinara (of course) and mushrooms and spinach. you can definitely add any leafy green pretty much. invite the onions to the party as well.

stir frys are also a tasty way to incorporate a lot of veggies.

bird's eye has come out with some decent deliciously flavored steamfresh veggie packs; ranch broccoli is da bomb.
  • dadsafrantic
    dadsafrantic Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    how about wheat beer? oatmeal stout? dang it wrong thread. sorry.