Hi! My name is Delilah and I'm a junkie...of the food kind!

Options
That four-letter word has been "boyfriend" for as long as I can remember and although our relationship has changed over the years, I'm more committed than ever to it. Sometimes I think I have a seriously problem cuz there are so many times that I catch myself day dreaming about what I'm having for dinner (not unusual, right)....but WHILE I'm chowing down my lunch!!! How about you....are there any of you foodies out there who struggle to keep on track to make healthier choices? It's exhausting, but the rewards are sooo worth it. What about you, are you guys in food rehab too? If so, hit me up!

Replies

• Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Those feelings and "dreams" tend to disappear after a little while. Once you get your total mind and body into it (a month or two) and learn completely what is healthy and what is not, and healthy will just become habit and you won't daydream about dinner at lunch. I was there before, so I know how hard it can be.....good luck:bigsmile:
  • mrdavidjk
    mrdavidjk Posts: 105
    Options
    i love chocolate, never did till i got married, then over the years i ended up eating chocolate every day.
    after starting MFP it probably took me a month to get rid of the urge for chocolate.
    a few weeks ago i had some chocolate and the next day i felt bad
    last week someone gave us a bag of chocolate eclairs and i had some, next day i felt lousy.
    lesson learned chocolate tastes nice, but makes me feel lousy after detoxing.
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I know you are playing, but addiction is addiction and food is a problem for lots of men and women. “OA” Overeaters Anonymous (12 step program for compulsive eaters) is a great program for people struggling with food issues.
  • Alyx128
    Alyx128 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Oh, so bad! I am a total food addict. I am extremely addicted to carbs particularly in the form of sugar. I also love foreign food (Thai and Indian are my favorites). Food is one of the greatest pleasures in my life. I am really trying to shift my perception about food, so that my first thought is about its value as fuel rather than its yummyness.