After weeks of plateau, it's coming off again!

Options
I had plateaued several weeks back. Then I decided to go up in calories to "lose 1/2 lb a week." My family and I went on vacation during that time. I did totally different exercises while on vacation: swimming and hiking rather than push-ups, walking, and gym workouts. I lost no weight while out of town.

When we got back, I dropped calories to "lose 1 lb a week," and have begun losing weight again! I have actuallly lost 1.8 lbs in 8 days!

I know I will probably plateau again, but I'm in this for the long haul, so no biggie! Here's celebrating one victory among many victories (and even setbacks).

God bless.

Replies

• Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    GREAT!!!!
  • mellymink
    mellymink Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! That's inspirational to me because I've definitely plateaued! Keep it up! :D
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Often, all that is needed to conquer a plateau is to make adjustments. Great job and keep it up!!
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    That is excellent! I'm at a plateau right now. Hopefully that will end this week since the numbers are slowly declining.
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    That is great!! I hate the dreaded plateau, but mixing it up is such a great idea to keep the scale moving in the right direction!
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    GREAT! I have been plateaued for a while too and now I am losing again...just had to change it up a bit and now back to taking it off!

Good luck!!!
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I Lost 29lbs since mid April. The last three weeks I lost a total of 1/2 lb.. 1/2lb!!!! But, I have stuck to the program, and feel great. I know that the body is just adjusting, and the next loss is just around the corner. Thanks to MFP I realize that I am not alone in these plateaus, it seems to happen to everyone eventually. Perserverance and perspiration will lead me where I need to go.;
  • kluver42
    kluver42 Posts: 24
    Options
    Awesome job! I'm at a plateau as well -- but i'm so inspired to not give up!! Good on you!
  • horsepullerlovesme
    horsepullerlovesme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i believe i am at a plateu as well i can't lose a pound for my life. and i exercise 5 days a week and eat healthy. very frustrating. sometimes i ask myself y do i work so hard? for what? but i will keep goin :) good luck god bless
  • LaurieEReid
    LaurieEReid Posts: 273
    Options
    I'm going to try 2 weeks of maintenance calories and different exercises (mostly swimming) while on holiday. Cross my fingers.
  • cawood2
    cawood2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Breaking a plateau is a great feeling!! I got stalled for about a month, til I changed my activity level and started mixing up my exercise. Then the numbers started moving again! Such a great feeling! They're still going, but now I willhave some ideas if my progress stalls again. Keep it up!! Cheers!
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I hear ya; After weeks on a plateau - Saturday I decided to splurge on my calories - and went 300 calories over my daily limit (Ben and Jerry's Chubby Hubby was the poison of choice). Sunday, was back to my normal diet - and despite taking a day of rest - this morning I'm down 1.8 lbs.

You wouldn't expect that Ben and Jerry's ice cream, coupled with a couple slices of Papa Murphy's Family Cowboy pizza would help on a diet - sometimes, you just gotta shake things up. So, if I am going to be forced to indulge on pizza and ice cream from time to time - I'm willing to suck it up; and take one for the team.
  • missionmanshane
    missionmanshane Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ice cream and pizza. Sounds like a plan to me!
  • missionmanshane
    missionmanshane Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just lost another 8 tenths of a pound! I guess I am swiftly heading to my next plateau. haha
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!