Mom of 3 needs to lose 50 lbs

Options
Hey all, I am a mom of three kids, and have gotten too over weight. I am 5'3" and weigh 182. When my husband and I met I was at 135 , so that is my goal weight. I just want to have more energy for my kids, and not feel like I will be the over weight embarrassing mom at school. My oldest starts kindergarten this August, and I really want to be at least twenty pounds down when I drop him off for his first day. In a world full of cross fit, or fast food, I need to find a medium ground. I feel intimidated by the super in shape cross fit mom's, and I don't want to be in the let's get fast food everyday category either! Hoping to make this year a year of self rejuvenation. Not just in weight but in faith, and habits. Don't wish me luck, pray for my strength!

Replies

• Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 5'2 and a mom of two. I started out at 180 a few years ago, and I'm at 152 now with my ultimate goal at around 120. I didn't do anything too drastic for the first 30 lbs. Did a lot of walking (I got a Garmin), starting counting calories through here, and got rid of "trigger" food in the house that I couldn't keep away from. Add me if you need any support or accountability. You got this!
  • wingsforwheels
    wingsforwheels Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You have the power within to achieve all your goals! Never be intimated by anyone, no matter what, you are always beautiful!! I managed to drop over 60 pounds by mountain biking and joining the Y. At the Y, here in Canada they have group exercise classes, run by well trained instructions.

Currently I do Group Power ( weight lifting) and Group Active ( mix of aerobics, weights and core). These are 60 minute programs set to music. It is all age groups, sexes and sizes, so no worries about intimidation. It's your workout! If you YouTube " mossa group Power" or mossa group Active you can see little 45 second trailers on the programs. Just a thought, find something you like, and you'll enjoy the journey!!
  • crushingitdaily12345
    crushingitdaily12345 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    You are adorable Crystal, weight loss or not. ;) I am here for you if you need some support, advice, and just a good ole friend.
  • Blakes_Momm13
    Blakes_Momm13 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've got about the same goal right now. Funny you mention being "that mom" because my son is starting kindergarten this year and I have thought the SAME thing. Ive lost 80 lbs years ago and gained it all back. I'm sick of feeling yucky as well, we can do this!
  • hannajohnson1009
    hannajohnson1009 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm also a mom of 3(all boys) and I am 5'9 and 224.6lbs as of today and my goal is to get down to 175! Today I am starting my journey and I know it's going to be tough but it is something I want and need to do!
  • loridarby1
    loridarby1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Looking to lose 50 lbs. Hard for me to stay on track. Highly stressful job- i am an emotional eater! Starting today!
  • missuswife
    missuswife Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've got three kids--a 4 yr old daughter and 2 yr old twins. Im 5'6" and weigh 200lbs. I already lost 17 pounds since I started a year ago but I still have a lot to lose. My goal is 165. I'm tired of being so tired all the time, and also want to look better. My diet is good but I find it so hard to find time and energy to exercise. I'm hoping to get some good advice, accountability, and support from new friends in the same boat.