Enough is Enough!

Options
Hi there,

I got on the scale today, and weighed in at a whopping 250lbs!! I am 5'5" and really struggling.
I now have high blood pressure/severe sleep apnea (being treated with cpap)/very sore back and can barely walk comfortably/ and recently been diagnosed with high blood sugar.
I really don't want to live like this anymore and I hate being fat and unable to do the things I want to do in life. I am 52 years old and have a long life ahead of me still. I want to make the best of it. I can't bend over and do my toenails anymore, there are no clothes that fit comfortably for my fat body shape, my feet hurt all the time and I isolate because of my inability to socialize with confidence. It's holding me back so much now, and it is ridiculous. I have been medicating with food and now I need to deal with the fall out of my choices.
I commit to "delaying instant gratification in favour of long term gain"!

I pledge to becoming a more healthy and active person from this day forward!

Replies

• tytuione77
    tytuione77 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When enough is enough, you are at the right place. Set a goal and go get it!
    Best,
    T
  • RenaPink11
    RenaPink11 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!! I started working out at the YMCA. Since you have so much joint pain, you could look into water aerobics if you have a YMCA near you. It burns a lot of calories and is easy on the bones! Good Luck! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Misskcm
    Misskcm Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Congrats on reaching this point! It's hard to admit you need to change something in your life. It sounds like you are ready both in mind and heart. Feel free to add me as a friend. I'd love to be along for this new journey of yours! ❤️❤️
  • crushingitdaily12345
    crushingitdaily12345 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    If I can do it, you can too! I was 307... down to 270... in 69 days... if you need a positive friend, add me :)
  • Freezespray
    Freezespray Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I believe in you! feel free to add me as a friend. It is hard starting out, but once you get in the groove of things, it'll be like clockwork. Just remember, it takes time!
  • duanehcpiercey
    duanehcpiercey Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I was just like that 14 months ago in the exact same place you are now. I started moving for 60 minutes just once a week for 6 weeks before I did anything else. Then I started to move twice a week it wasn't high intensity it was just better than walking from the couch to the kitchen. Then I started to cut out convenience store snack foods. After about two months I started to track my calories and tried my best at limiting them. Start off slow you're in the exact same place that I was and now you've made the decision to start. So just make tomorrow better than was today and you'll get yourself on track. One thing is for sure..... this is the only race where slow and steady is the winner. Stay positive and work at it and you'll make it
  • korrieriley
    korrieriley Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've recently started. Believe in the support out there and use ideas and any help offered. X