Healthy but yummy

Options
dimwitt1222
dimwitt1222 Posts: 1 Member
Looking for suggestions/help with healthy good tasting recipes. I cant stand eating bland food and it seems losing weight is full of bland food. Which is probably why i cant ever stick to it.

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything and lose weight. Weight loss doesn't come from eating bland foods or certain foods, it's all about calories. Try eating what you used to eat, but less of it. You can also search for recipes of things you normally eat that are lower calorie.
  • green421
    green421 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a chef so a quick recipe I made two days ago was spaghetti squash enchilada bowl.
    So this is for two people per 1 whole squash:
    1 whole spaghetti squash (halved length wise and de-seeded
    Green enchilada sauce about 1\2c or less on each
    Cooked shredded chicken with cilantro and any seasoning you may like
    Black beans rinsed and drained
    Monterrey jack cheese

Preheat the oven to 375
    Microwave the spaghetti squash 1/2s (you van also bake in the oven but microwave is the fastest) for 10 to 15 min.
    Once done fork the meat in the squash leaving it in the 1/2 skin. Add black beans about 1/2 c to each your green enchilada sauce and chicken to both. Top with cheese.
    Cook for about 30 to 40 min. On a sheet pan
  • Amys712
    Amys712 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Dimwitt, I started keeping track of some of my healthy meal successes when I removed complex carbs from my diet. A bunch of them are on Instagram. Username: grainfreeculinary
  • Nancela
    Nancela Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I just love roasted grape tomatoes. Just drizzle with olive oil and add salt pepper and basil if you like it. Roast for about 20 minutes depending on how cooked you like them. I like them a little bit crispy.
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Add sriracha or spicy mustard to just about anything!