looking for marinades to put on chicken breast

Options

Replies

• MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I think the husband is getting board of chicken, iv tried about 8 different ones on him so far

Im getting bored of hearing the smae "yer, its alright " reply when i ask what he thinks lol
  • ankachinu
    ankachinu Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    For lunch today I had marinated chicken breast in buttermilk+ olive oil + fresh herbs and salt. It's simple and was tasty
    But the thing is no matter how many different recipes I try, eating chicken breast continuesly twice everyday makes me feel exactly like your husband "just alright"
  • dabearo
    dabearo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup vodka or tequila
    1/4 evoo
    Big pinch salt and pepper
    Zest and juice of 2 limes
    Zest and juice of 1 orange

Dumb chicken and everything above including to zested and juiced halfs of fruit into gallon bag.
    Toss around to coat everything

Marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Not longer, acids will start to cook the meat and it will be weird.

Remove from marinade, Dry off chicken and cook in your preferred manner.
  • ankachinu
    ankachinu Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I tried this recipe today and I knew I had to come back here to post it, it was delicious.
    It's an Indian ( NOT spicy ) recipe but I will try my best to list down the ingredients with substitutes :

→ Chicken 400 - 500 Grams.
    → fresh mint leaves 1 Cup.
    → fresh Coriander (also known as cilantro) leaves 1/2 Cup.
    → Ginger Garlic Paste 1 1/2 Tablespoons.
    → Curd ( yogurt ) 2 Tablespoons.
    → Onion 2 medium
    → 2-3 Green Chilies .
    → Salt To Taste.
    → Butter 100 Grams or 4 tablespoon olive oil
    → Red Chili powder 1 Teaspoon ( or you can add 3/4 tsp paprika )
    → Coriander powder 1 Teaspoon ( optional )
    → Turmeric Powder 1/2 Teaspoons ( optional )
    → Cloves, Cardamom & Cinnamon Sticks 2 Numbers

Mix all the ingredients except clove, cardamom, cinnamon, olive oil and chicken in a mixer/ grinder jar and make it into a thick paste.

Now marinate the chicken in this paste. Leave it for 4-5 hours.

Heat a thick bottom pan and then put butter or olive oil ( I used olive oil)
    add the cloves, cardamom and cinnamon. Sauté for two or three minutes
    Now add the marinated chicken in it, also add the left over marination. Cook over low to medium flames till cooked according to preference.
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    We like it brined in pickle juice. So good and easy.
    After marinating for about 8 hours, you can bread with panko bread crumbs that have dried dill, salt and pepper mixed in and bake. Really good, but I like it just baked or grilled without the breading too.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Ever tried chimichurri on Chicken?

1/2 cup raw apple cider vinegar
    1 teaspoon kosher salt plus more
    3-4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced or minced
    1 shallot, finely chopped
    1 Fresno chile or red jalapeño, finely chopped
    2 cups minced fresh cilantro (substitute parsley if you are not a cilantro fan)
    1 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
    1/3 cup finely chopped fresh oregano (basil works also)
    3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • armchairherpetologist
    armchairherpetologist Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    After marinating for about 8 hours, you can bread with panko bread crumbs that have dried dill, salt and pepper mixed in and bake. Really good, but I like it just baked or grilled without the breading too.

Pickle juice is Chik-Fil-A's secret.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

Ooooh, this sounds really good. I have a jar of pickle juice in the fridge that I was going to use for popsicles, but I'm-a do this instead!
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    dklibert wrote: »
    Piri Piri you can make as mild or spicy as you like. I find it spicy raw but it mellows when grilled.

soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2015/03/piri-piri-chicken.html

going to try this, thanks.
  • mjbnj0001
    Options

this one worked out well, thanks.
  • mjbnj0001
    Options

this is great. i've made this myself from scratching around the kitchen, didn't know it was a "thing." thanks.
  • mjbnj0001
    Options
    ankachinu wrote: »
    For lunch today I had marinated chicken breast in buttermilk+ olive oil + fresh herbs and salt. It's simple and was tasty
    But the thing is no matter how many different recipes I try, eating chicken breast continuesly twice everyday makes me feel exactly like your husband "just alright"

I know what you mean, LOL! I'm cooking for a family that doesn't eat much else but chicken, so I'm always looking for variations. I'm cycling somewhat away from buttermilk and yogurt-based marinades now that I'm grilling more than baking/broiling to more "clear" marinades, lots of citrus, etc.

A little change-up to your lunch chicken (if you're eating it twice a day, I presume lunch and dinner) is to buzz the chicken into chicken salad in your food processor and combine it with all sorts of additional veggies and flavorings. Makes it seem "new" again ...
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    emyayyy wrote: »
    Worcestershire, brown sugar, soy, spices, vegetable oil. Super flavorful!

i love "spices"
  • mjbnj0001
    Options
    Sunna_W wrote: »
    Ever tried chimichurri on Chicken?

1/2 cup raw apple cider vinegar
    1 teaspoon kosher salt plus more
    3-4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced or minced
    1 shallot, finely chopped
    1 Fresno chile or red jalapeño, finely chopped
    2 cups minced fresh cilantro (substitute parsley if you are not a cilantro fan)
    1 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
    1/3 cup finely chopped fresh oregano (basil works also)
    3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil

Did a different-recipe chimichurri last week, very good. I'm on a "green goop" kick with grilling season underway now. Chimichurri, Italian salsa verde (parsley-based herb puree similar to chimichurri), Mexican salsa verde (tomatillo-based salsa), sofrito and gremolata (a lot like Italian salsa verde).

This is a great thread, lots of ideas.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I just made this one last night:

Honey Citrus Marinade
    1/4 cup honey
    1/4 cup orange juice
    1/4 cup lemon juice
    1 Tbsp prepared mustard
    1 tsp curry powder

After letting the chicken sit in the marinade for a couple hours, I just cooked it in the liquid and added broccoli, carrots and zucchini for the last few minutes. Served over rice. It was delicious! (I added sriracha to mine, but hubby doesn't like spicy).

I also use whatever I have on hand for a quick marinade. The last little bit of salad dressing, vinegar, soy sauce, worcestershire, lemon juice and a bunch of spices. One of my favorites is lemon juice, olive oil and dill.
  • kcdc0401
    kcdc0401 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Love to use dimitri's bloody mary mix. They have several different flavors. Then you can always add tomato juice, vodka, and the mix in a glass for a bloody mary with dinner.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I use clubhouse Lime Sriracha spice blend, then after it's cooked I toss it in Guy's sugar free bbq sauce (spicy) it's 10 cals/30g and I dont' know how cause it doesn't taste like nasty Walden Farms etc lol

Sometimes I use olive oil and worcester and random spice blends (montreal steak spice) You can pretty much put anything on chicken haha
  • zilkah
    zilkah Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Caesar or Italian dressing as marinade. I also like soy sauce , ginger , brown sugar , and a bit of red pepper flakes as a marinade
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Mountain Dew Soda--or whatever lemon/lime citrus soda is in your area.
  • amrita14sri
    amrita14sri Posts: 11 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    One more indian yummy marinade:

1 cup plain yogurt
    5 garlic cloves, minced
    fresh ginger 1 inch, minced
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    2 teaspoon ground coriander
    1 teaspoon salt or as per taste
    3⁄4 teaspoon garam masala ( I would go for 1 tsp)
    1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper( I would prefer 2 tsp, I like it spicy)
    2 tsp lemon juice.

Taste d marinade n adjust salt n spice before mixing to d chicken.

Kp d chicken in dis marinade for 24 hrs in fridge, n u r good to go.

And don't add oil in the marinade at all.. jus use chicken with skin on.. wen u bake it at 375 f, it will release oil, just take dat n pour it over d chicken while baking to kp it juicier.. bake it for 30 mins n broil on each side for 6 mins. u cud also use dat oil to make some curry on the side.