Lost my motivation- to a puppy?

Options
So I use to love excersizing, I would look forward to my days off work to get some good excersize in. I got a puppy last week and ever since I hate the thought of exercising?!!! Is this weird? It's like I want to spend all my attention on her not go on a treadmill for 2 hours ?

Replies

• tpalit2001
    tpalit2001 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Can you go out with her on a run instead of the treadmill?
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    why not go for little walks with the puppy?
  • FlyingBeagles
    FlyingBeagles Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Could be the puppy blues, which affects people differently.
    Puppy will be big enough to go on runs with you soon! Start training early if you want a running partner.
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    You can carry the puppy on walks. She will not want to walk for long. But hey, a little weighted walk is good.

And yes, I understand :)
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Here's a few things that you can do that might help:

Get a covered wagon and take the puppy with you on outdoor walks until it's old enough to walk/run with you. You get to spend time with the puppy, and get your walk/run in.

Minimize your exercise time by increasing intensity... Do 20 min HIIT workouts rather than 2 hours on the treadmill, or short BW exercise workouts in 5 minute bursts throughout the day.
  • katiehepp1
    katiehepp1 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your help guys, yeah I guess the puppy blues! I hate going to work to! (Well even more so) , I can't walk her yet as she's only 8 weeks and have to wait till her 12 week jabs before she can go out but I'm looking forward to walking her to get a lot of exercise in:D hopefully I'll get back on it, it's only been 5 days I guess
  • katiehepp1
    katiehepp1 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I think part of it is also I've strained my shoulder from carrying her so much. It hurts a lot
  • boopster99
    boopster99 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Get a baby Bjorn and take her for a walk .... or pull her in a wagon ... or push her in a dog stroller. My daughter puts her chickens in her wagon and takes them for walks - I kid you not. Put her in a bike basket and go for a long bike ride with a picnic stop for both of you. The options are literally endless ....
    uwq7j7wthzc4.jpg