If I could do it before, I can do it again!

Options
ochoann
ochoann Posts: 2 Member
I'm on a journey to lose 30lbs (Goals ✊). I previously had a success on weight loss, loosing 50+lbs with zumba, and gaining muscle with Insanity. Three years later, I am here, fighting the same battle. Just wondering, if there's someone out there with a similar experience and how they're dealing with it? Makes one feel defeated

Replies

• lfcjohn
    lfcjohn Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yes, i've run through it 3 times already, one day you notice you can't get weight you will start the whole process again. No worry as we have those experience to get weight loss, we can do it again definitely!!

I use gadget to keep my motivation and whenever you see there's progress, you can keep your motivation not easily give up.
  • yoherbs421
    yoherbs421 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Was into bodybuilding years ago but that came to a stop for various ressons. Finished school now I have time for the gym. Also I was tracking while I was in school (no exercise just normal walking to classes) and I had almost reached my goal weight, then I stopped tracking, big mistake! I meticulously track everything now. And Im back at the weights its the best feeling ever!
  • MarvinsAMartian
    MarvinsAMartian Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    The title of your thread is telling. You've done this before. You're a step ahead of someone who's going thru it for the first time because you have that past experience to look back on. Don't let it be a negative thing that you fell back to the same routines and now you're back at square one so to speak. Instead use it as motivation.

I personally cant relate to losing, gaining, then trying to lose again. I'm going thru this for the first time. But like I said, you're a step ahead on this new journey. If anything I can learn from you.

Good luck to you!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    i lost 100 about 3 years ago. since last summer ive put on 30 of it. At first I think, meh, 5 i can handle. I got 10 no problem. eek 20 is gonna take a bit, 30!?!! WTF!! how how how did I let it get this bad? We still have all the tools and know-how at my disposal and hopefully the 30 is enough motivation to get me focused. I dont really feel defeated because I know they whys and the hows. Just a matter of applying it. I am annoyed with myself though.
  • lucilemac
    lucilemac Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    ochoann wrote: »
    I'm on a journey to lose 30lbs (Goals ✊). I previously had a success on weight loss, loosing 50+lbs with zumba, and gaining muscle with Insanity. Three years later, I am here, fighting the same battle. Just wondering, if there's someone out there with a similar experience and how they're dealing with it? Makes one feel defeated

• lucilemac
    lucilemac Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Pretty much the same story! We will do it again...we know what to do! I think for me consistency is everything...hopefully, mfp will help me stay motivated...I've never used a community forum before, it could help, so thank you!
  • beanz744
    beanz744 Posts: 221 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    i was at 210 for 4 years. start to eat clean n exercise n i went down to 175. Stop using MFP n went back up to 185 then down to 165. Stop using MFP again n back to 184 n i m now 169 so ive done this THREE TIMES :'(

i only consolation here is that i m getting better at this n i have a lot more knowledge than before. l also now know that MFP is MOTHER! l will check with her before ordering anything or stick anything in my month!

we always forget about MOTHER once on maintenance coz we feel like we made it n we know what we r doing n we dont need MOTHER any more! this time, i will always be a good boy n check with MOTHER first. :D
  • hannahland18
    hannahland18 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I lost 30lbs three years ago and was so inspired by it that I'm currently in school for Nutrition. Bad news is I gained 20lbs back and it really sucks. School , work, stress got the better of me. I feel down about it most days but I'm back on track. Hopefully keeping track of everything will help.