back at it again...

Options
Hi!!! So myfitnesspal worked wonders for me about 3 years ago. I was able to lose about 60lbs, and I felt amazing. I hadn't met my ultimate goal, but I felt good enough with where I was at, that I loosened the reigns on tracking my food. After that, it was a slippery slope to where I am today, 2 pounds heavier than what I was when I started last time. I am miserable. I spent 80% of my free time on my couch, and eat fast food at least three times a week. I keep waiting for something to "click" like it did last time, but I can't keep waiting. It's time for me to be accountable, and take control. I did it before, and I'll do it again. :)

Replies

• yoherbs421
    yoherbs421 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You'll do it again and keep on doing it! Track everything always its the best clicker you have right now!
  • healthyreed
    healthyreed Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    yoherbs421 wrote: »
    You'll do it again and keep on doing it! Track everything always its the best clicker you have right now!

Thank you for the encouragement
  • digitalchique
    digitalchique Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling well. I'm a chronic on-again-off-again tracker. It always works well for me when I do it, but I lose momentum easily. This is also my first day back after being gone for like four years, and I'm also not feeling motivated about it. But I'm tired of the predicament I've managed to put myself in with all of this extra weight.

We got this. :)
  • healthyreed
    healthyreed Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling well. I'm a chronic on-again-off-again tracker. It always works well for me when I do it, but I lose momentum easily. This is also my first day back after being gone for like four years, and I'm also not feeling motivated about it. But I'm tired of the predicament I've managed to put myself in with all of this extra weight.

We got this. :)

I feel the same way. I hate where I'm at, but have yet to find the self discipline to change it.
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    You are definitely not alone. This happens to over 80% of people that lose weight (including myself). The real problem for me, is how to not go back to my bad eating habits. I found losing the weight was fairly easy, but keeping the weight off, very difficult.

Like you said, "it is a slippery slope"!

Best of luck to you! You know that you can do this!