1200 caps over weekly limit

Options
Hi. I am struggling to lose weight and have over 50 lb to lose. I am down to eat 1360 caps a day. I exercise at gym classes 4 days a week. I eat low carb. This week I are 1200 over my calories not taking into account any calories earned from exercise. I have been gaining and losing the same 3lb for a year. What could the problem be?? I have been tested for thyroid and it is not that. Would 1200 calories a week over be the problem? I have tried eating all my exercise calories but on those weeks always gain 3lb. Any advice would be gratefully accepted!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    do you weigh your food with scales?
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    So wait, you're 1200 calories over your calorie goal not including the exercise calories you eat back? Did I read that right? If so, then of course that's why you're not losing weight; you're eating at maintenance.
  • ohmygod45
    ohmygod45 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I don't eat back the exercise calories. They are usually 3 to 400 a day
  • ohmygod45
    Options
    I weigh all food and also use the barcode scanner. I hope it is that I am eating at maintenance as I can rectify that. I just feel that with all my exercise and not eating those calories back I should be losing a decent amount of weight each week even if I do go over one or two days. I have been logging for 45 days now. My diary is open. I just need some advice . My doctor just keeps saying eat less until it works!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    what exercise are you doing?
  • ohmygod45
    Options
    Thank you.
  • ohmygod45
    Options
    I do water aerobics circuit training cardio at gym Pilates and swimming. Each session is an hour
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    You say you are eating low carb but I see a lot of higher carb foods in todays entry alone.
    Where did your macros come from? for low carb your fat should be a lot higher than 50 g.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,118 Member
    Options
    Where is your protein? You're leaving more than half of your protein uneaten and you're over eating carbs...try making sure you hit those protein numbers every day. That was a game-changer for me. I was already weighing my food, but I wasn't eating well. I was eating a lot like you are, mostly carbs. Get those macros in line.
  • sarahshinks2233
    sarahshinks2233 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    On Saturday you ate back the deficit you had maintained by eating 2,350 cals. If this is a regular thing, cheat days where you go 700+ over the goal can erase the effort of the rest of the days. I would suggest incorporating small treats on days where you have 900-1,100 cals (daily goal still at 1,200 to 1,350) so that you don't feel deprived and won't feel the need for a cheat day.
  • ohmygod45
    Options
    Thank you all for your advice. I haven't read up on macros at all. I don't eat carbs at last meal of day as a rule. Last Saturday was a one off. Will take all advice on board and hopefully will have a good loss next week. Thanks again!
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    ohmygod45 wrote: »
    I weigh all food and also use the barcode scanner. I hope it is that I am eating at maintenance as I can rectify that. I just feel that with all my exercise and not eating those calories back I should be losing a decent amount of weight each week even if I do go over one or two days. I have been logging for 45 days now. My diary is open. I just need some advice . My doctor just keeps saying eat less until it works!

When you say you weigh all food, does that mean ALL food? So each piece of fruit, slice of bread, etc.? Even things you bar scan? Do you enter your own recipes, or use food listings that sound similar to your own? You may want to check that your entries are correct, as the database is user entered. So look up items you eat often, and make sure the calories you're logging for them are accurate. Do you account for cooking oils, beverages, condiments, etc.?
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    ohmygod45 wrote: »
    Thank you all for your advice. I haven't read up on macros at all. I don't eat carbs at last meal of day as a rule. Last Saturday was a one off. Will take all advice on board and hopefully will have a good loss next week. Thanks again!

There is the Scooby Calculator that is fairly decent for TDEE and macros.
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/#projectedweightloss

For protein, it's typically .6-.8g per lb of body weight. Start there and then adjust the rest of the macros.