Bikini competition?

Options
Hey guys!! I want to try out a competition for the first time bc it sounds like a lot of fun and I have been working hard! I was wandering if anyone knew what macros I should have to start for prep. I am 5 foot 5 and weigh approx 119.8lbs and I exercise about 5 days a week. Thank you!! :)

Replies

• HayleeRenaeFit
    HayleeRenaeFit Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    (Physique competition**)
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    Sounds great, post some pics of your poses.
  • yskaldir
    yskaldir Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Bikini/figure or women's physique? There's a big difference between the two. Typically you have to use "supplements" for the latter.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    first you need to figure out the difference between physique and bikini - completely different divisions!

second you are best to find a coach or do a ton of research into macros, etc. - getting macros that will get you into stage shape from a free message board is not the best way...
  • HayleeRenaeFit
    Options
    Okay thank you!! I will do some research
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    first you need to figure out the difference between physique and bikini - completely different divisions!

second you are best to find a coach or do a ton of research into macros, etc. - getting macros that will get you into stage shape from a free message board is not the best way...

Second this!

For most people, getting a coach is in their best interest if they want to do well.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'm betting your dollars do doughnuts not anywhere near big enough for Physique.

Bikini- or figure/fitness is more likely.
    Do you have a specific show you want to do?

Really you could train for the next WHOLE year- and be ready to step on stage- bikini probably six months maybe?
    It takes a tremendously long time to get ready really- people think it's all about the dieting and getting lean- but they forget how long it takes to build their body for their to be something to LOOK at when they drop weight.
  • Muscleflex79
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I'm betting your dollars do doughnuts not anywhere near big enough for Physique.

Really you could train for the next WHOLE year- and be ready to step on stage- bikini probably six months maybe?
    It takes a tremendously long time to get ready really- people think it's all about the dieting and getting lean- but they forget how long it takes to build their body for their to be something to LOOK at when they drop weight.

all good points! OP, how long have you been lifting for? that will help determine how much time may be necessary for prep.
  • HayleeRenaeFit
    Options
    Okay thank you so much! I will have to do research on which type of competition I want to do and where I am at now... I agree, I will have to train and work hard for a while, thank you all for the tips
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Show day might be fun. Possibly. Prancing around in a pretty bikini is fun. Getting your hair and makeup done is fun.

Otherwise, "fun" is not the word I'd use to describe competing!

Definitely research shows, federations, coaches, costs, pros and cons. Ask people for honest advice - most will sugar coat everything.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Something that may be relevant to this conversation...

What is your goal for your first show, if you know? If you simply want to stand on stage and take in the atmosphere/experience, then the prep that's required could be very different than if you want to place or similar.
  • HayleeRenaeFit
    Options
    I'm not worried about placing, but it would be super awesome. I think it would be a cool experience because I have been lifting weights and excercising trying to benefit my lifestyle and show a change in myself. My goal is to challenge myself and see if doing physique competitions is something I want to do.. trying new things
  • HayleeRenaeFit
    Options

all good points! OP, how long have you been lifting for? that will help determine how much time may be necessary for prep.

I have been lifting for about a year and a half and have seen a big difference!!!
  • Muscleflex79
    Options
    just so you know, this is what you'd be up against in physique...tdoclcpy42ix.jpg
  • Muscleflex79
    edited May 2017
    Options

I have been lifting for about a year and a half and have seen a big difference!!!

that's a great start, but the ones competing in physique likely have YEARS+++ of lifting under their belt (see above pic)
  • HayleeRenaeFit
    Options
    Oh my... okay I need to do more research, I was thinking more like this a5pm6ndqclac.png
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    She's a bikini girl.
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'm not an expert on bikini competitions aside from appreciating well-proportioned women in general but it us my understanding that you need to have your body fat in the 10% range for a "(Physique competition**)"

If you wonder if you are in the 10% range as a woman then you are not.
    Most women in "good shape" are around 15% - 20% body fat in my experience.
    As others have said, this may be an unrealistic target without a coach and a year or two of additional prep.

Even a bikini / figure competition may be more challenging than you think.
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    that's a great start, but the ones competing in physique likely have YEARS+++ of lifting under their belt (see above pic)
    And steroids, etc.

• katelyn_bkr
    katelyn_bkr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Heidi is bikini.
    Look at Jessica Arevalo videos on youtube for reference to bikini prep (she's currently vlogging her prep). This might give you a better understanding of what you want.