EMS weightloss - Does it work ?

Options
I have come across promotional messages about weight-loss via EMS. EMS stands for Electro – Myo (muscle) – Stimulation. The muscles get an external electronic impulse and by this, they get stimulated and flexed at high intensity, promoting growth.

They also claim you would loose close to around 15-20 lbs every month with just 1 session of 20 mins per week.

So i sent them an email asking for a explanation on how this works - They replied

" It is very simple, to burn fat you need muscles. EMS training activates all your 650 muscles that will burn your fat over the whole week until your next session. If you are not stimulating your muscles, you won’t burn your fat. The second step of burning fat is by increasing your muscle size, which will boost your metabolism, causing fat loss. So, doing this workout will help you to continue burning fat and reaching your goals with less time and effort.Using EMS, all of the major and minor muscle groups are stimulated to grow and the metabolism gets the boost needed to be able to start the fat burning furnace. "

As far as i knew, The best way to loose weight is counting calories and work out ( cardio,weights) , then i have some friends who claim they know people who have lost weight through this - natural and no side effects, i haven't met any yet.

What bout you guys ? any reviews ? do u think this works ?

Replies

• DLDzioba
    DLDzioba Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Sounds like someone's get rich quick scheme to me. Prey on those who aren't yet willing to put in the work to count calories and own up to what they're really eating.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    lol this sounds like a classic scamwoo. 15-20lbs a month? That's way over the safe recommended loss of 2lb a week, and they reckon this is in just one 20 minute session? How are people stupid enough to fall for this stuff?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Wow, that sounds like a huge bunch of crap. If it was that easy, don't you think everyone would be all over it?
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    a) if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.
    b) if it really worked, everyone (and I mean literally everyone and their granny) would be talking about it.

Sadly, it sounds like another bit of woo trying to sell a magic pill to people.

Stick to a moderate deficit and you'll see your fat melt away in your sleep. It won't be quick. It won't be painless. But it will work long term and not have the nasty side effect of making your wallet shrink at the same time.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    No doubt the claims are inflated, It certainly could work..

How much does it cost?
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    * - when used with a combination of a healthy diet and exercise.

I'm sure that's in the fine print somewhere.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I have come across promotional messages about weight-loss via EMS. EMS stands for Electro – Myo (muscle) – Stimulation. The muscles get an external electronic impulse and by this, they get stimulated and flexed at high intensity, promoting growth.

They also claim you would loose close to around 15-20 lbs every month with just 1 session of 20 mins per week.

So i sent them an email asking for a explanation on how this works - They replied

" It is very simple, to burn fat you need muscles. EMS training activates all your 650 muscles that will burn your fat over the whole week until your next session. If you are not stimulating your muscles, you won’t burn your fat. The second step of burning fat is by increasing your muscle size, which will boost your metabolism, causing fat loss. So, doing this workout will help you to continue burning fat and reaching your goals with less time and effort.Using EMS, all of the major and minor muscle groups are stimulated to grow and the metabolism gets the boost needed to be able to start the fat burning furnace. "

As far as i knew, The best way to loose weight is counting calories and work out ( cardio,weights) , then i have some friends who claim they know people who have lost weight through this - natural and no side effects, i haven't met any yet.

What bout you guys ? any reviews ? do u think this works ?

if weight loss were this easy would anyone be fat?
  • pawan245lbs
    pawan245lbs Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    300 dollars for 4 session is the cost . I felt its some mumbo jumbo too just to earn quick cash. If you put a search on google "EMS weight-loss" some positive articles on it. But i think they are all just marketing gimmick.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Ouch. 300$ for one month worth of sessions? :flushed:

That's insane. Seriously, keep your fingers well away from that woo.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    I had a belt when I was 14/15 that had pads that would 'zap belly muscles into shape'
    cost me £40 of pocket money and did nothing. Gimmicky advert with athletes using it.

I know better now! lol