Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hishamoto's thyroiditis just found I had that!!!

I went to the endocrinologist and found out have that disease. It can be treated with meds. That is why I was feeling so tired. All I want to do was sleep,

Replies

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Thank goodness you were diagnosed. You're in good company though - there are several elite level athletes including Jillian Michaels who have Hashimoto's.
  • Lyrica7
    Lyrica7 Posts: 88 Member
    Hashis is an autoimmune disease. You might have to do a bit more than just take meds-you need to keep your antibodies level down. Some good place to start researching are Stopthethyroidmadness.com and Mary Shoman's website.
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    I second Lyrica7's advice to start researching....and those are two of my favorite sites.

Endocrinologists are pretty far behind the current research in their treatment methods and understanding of Hashimoto's and other thyroid conditions so it's best to become knowledgeable yourself so you can work with a doctor. He/she probably prescribed you a once a day pill and told you you'd be fine, right?. That could be true, but an enormous number of us have found that particular pill (T4) doesn't agree with our bodies. Some people need T3 only and some people need combinations of all some or all of the Ts just like a human body makes. I spent months completely bedridden and years nearly bedridden before figuring out my body doesn't convert T4.