Favorite (approx) 100 cal snacks to prep ahead of time?

Options
I'd like to pack up some snacks for the week, maybe in 100 calorie baggies, so when I get munchie I can pick up something without too much thought. What are some of your favorites? I had been snacking on sliced red peppers and cheese sticks but I want to hear your favorites.

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    100 cals of nuts isn't that much but you can buy packs portioned already. Other veggies good for snacking are carrots (obv), radishes, tomatoes, cucumber, grapes, snap peas. I sometimes make little bags with all of those and a mini babybel and maybe a boiled egg. For about 350 cals you get a substantial bag that could be a meal replacement/whole day of snacks if you're out and about.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs, cauliflower, baby carrots, chips, pretzels.....
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    fruit or V8 (70 calories per 11.5 oz can). Those little 90-100 calorie yogurt packs are pretty handy too.
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Boiled egg w/ come carrot or celery slices or a few slices of apple, cherries, something like that.

1/2 a Quest bar, if I'm desperate.
  • Angela_does_zumba
    Angela_does_zumba Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I keep my snacks as simple as possible, so for example,
    1) an apple
    2) an orange
    3) peanuts or cashews (but less than one serving if you want <100cals)
    4) I guess a package of unsalted seaweed chips... they're not the most beneficial in terms of nutrition, but they're a filler-upper for 50 calories.
    5) If I have it with me, I'll eat 1/2 a quest bar.

Anything I can just grab and go... I don't do snacks where I have to bake, prep, etc.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Light & fit greek yogurt
    Low fat cheese sticks
    300 grams of strawberries
    20ish grams of semisweet chocolate chips
    300 grams of watermelon
    300 grams of cantaloupe
    More cucumber than you probably will want to eat (100 grams = 16 calories)
    More tomatoes than you will probably want to eat (100 grams = 18 calories)
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Aldi has 90-cal cookies
    Celery (I make my own dips)
    Light Greek yogurts
    Cup of soup if you're ok with using a spoon
    Rice cakes with dip
  • shandy82165
    shandy82165 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Roasted garbanzo beans are delicious, and I second the 100 calorie pack almonds and the V8 juice. I find V8 juice surprisingly satisfying as a snack. Plus you can't beat the 700mg potassium boost you get from it.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I weigh out baggies of beef jerky,keeps me full for a long time
  • Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    The 100 calorie snack thing doesn't work for me personally. If I'm going to have a snack it's usually 250 calories and I'll do it once a day.
    I found with the 100 calorie snack approach, I'd eat five snacks or more in a day! Which adds up quick, I think because the food would stimulate my appetite and then I'd keep going back for another snack every hour or two.
  • Woodsmoke
    Woodsmoke Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    No fat yoghurts (preferably no added sugar as well), seafood sticks (16 calories each from Young's).
  • Blitzia
    Blitzia Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I second the recommendations for Dannon light and fit or half a quest bar. I literally have half a quest bar in a ziploc bag in my purse most of the time. Air popped popcorn is also good. You can get a bag of skinnypop popcorn (or whatever other brand) and portion out 100 calories worth into ziploc bags.

I've also done homemade trail mix. My recipe came out to 150 calories per bag, but it had popcorn, peanuts, little pieces of fruit strips, yogurt covered raisins, fruit and berry rice cakes, and teddy grahams, so you could play with the portions to get it under 100 calories. I actually got the craving for trail mix because I tried Graze (subscription service where they send you snacks in the mail.) It was too expensive to keep up the service, but I've used their website for snack ideas to make homemade versions.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    You asked for favorite not healthiest right?

I like sugar free chocolate pudding with sweetened shredded coconut on top. A portion of the pudding ahead of time. And put the coconut on my before I eat. I make it with 1% milk in it is a little less than 100 calories
  • elsa431
    elsa431 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I make 4 recipes of energy bites, and freeze them in pint containers. They are Great to grab and pair with an apple or grapes.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I have these late morning snacks on deck for this week at work:

A serving of turkey pepperoni w/ a wedge of Laughing Cow: 105 cals
    celery sticks spread w/1 oz. cream cheese topped w/10 grams of craisins: ~140 cals
    14 grams pork rinds and 4 TB salsa: 110 cals
    1/2 c. 4% cottage cheese, liberally seasoned w/pepper: 110 cals
    2 slices Sara Lee Delightful bread and 2TB sugar free jelly: 100 cals

• GoldenEye_
    GoldenEye_ Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    My favorite sweet snacks are grapes or tropical fruits.
    Another snack I love are chickpeas. They're not incredibly low calorie, but they are healthy and very filling.
  • Denisse075
    Denisse075 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Chloe bars. These are frozen so its a home snack mostly but each pop is only 60 cals and they are all good natural ingredients. I looove the mango and the chocolate.

*Boiled egg with mustard
    *Slice up an apple, sprinkle with cinnamon and pop in the microwave for 30 seconds.
    *crispy turkey bacon cut into bite sized pieces
    *diced chicken breast
    *baby carrots, raw cauliflower
    *fruit.... Sometimes frozen fruit, it makes me feel like Im eating/chewing longer ;)

• EHollander89
    EHollander89 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Some of my go to choices for 100-150 calorie snacks:
    -Emerald pre-packages cashews or cocoa almonds (100 calories each)
    -Fiber one brownies (lemon, chocolate chip, chocolate fudge all 90 calories each)
    -Apple with 60 calorie Sargento cheese stick
    -berries with cottage cheese
    -carrots with hummus (I love red pepper hummus - approx. 60 calories for 2T)
    -If I eat Wheat Thins or some other cracker/chip type of food, I'll weigh and put in baggies
    -carrots (or other veggies) with 100 calorie guacamole package
    -yogurt packages - range from 80-120 calories
    -100 calorie popcorn bags
    -I also just discovered the Clio Greek Yogurt Bars - I tried the honey flavor and it was a delicious little treat for 110 calories!
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    @EHollander89 - oh my, you could totally go grocery shopping in my kitchen and find everything on your go to snack list except the wheat thins and fiber one brownies! Instead, I have gluten free pretzels preweighed and in baggies.
  • ladylambeau
    ladylambeau Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I love to make ziploc baggies of mixed fruit - my fave is strawberries (5 oz) with red grapes (3 oz). Pretty filling!

If you're willing to go over 100 calories, I also am really digging the sargento 'balanced breaks' trays lately. They usually have a cheese, and then a nut/dried fruit mixture. It's portion control at its finest but I find that they keep me full for quite a bit. They are about 180 calories I believe, or at least the flavor I have on hand now is.