Women toned her body just from home? From skinnyfat to lean?

Options
Almas57
Almas57 Posts: 10 Member
edited May 2017 in Motivation and Support
Hello

I am wondering, if I am delusional/ignorant or if it is in fact possible for me in a 1 year time span to recomposition my body from skinnyfat to slim/lean. Nothing major. Just slim legs, toned stomach/waist and slim toned arms.. and toned lifted slimmer butt. is it possible with resistance training (bodyweight and resistance bands and stability ball?) My diet is on point. Hoping to get some insigt and advice, I dont have money for gym or equipment and neither do I want to

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Check out You Are Your Own Gym. Its all body weight training.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    yoga?
  • Almas57
    Options
    Thank you so much. Though I would still like to hear some real stories if anyone has managed to pull it off
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm doing strength training to minimize/reduce muscle loss as I lose weight. My cardio machine (fitness glider) does some toning and I'm also using dumbbells and fit tubes and bands. I've still got a ways to go, but I'm noticing that overall, I look less 'squishy'.

So, not entirely sure if I'm a success story yet; let's check back in 66 lbs when I hit goal. But I think I'm on the right path.
  • Almas57
    Options
    Amazing
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    Yes, it's entirely possible. I'm weight training at home. I lift heavy with medium to low reps.....no cardio and my body is transforming nicely. Weight lifting is amazing in what it can do for you; strength, endurance, help with bone loss and overall health. I've only been back into it since February 22nd and I've already lost 3 sizes. Sorry, I didn't measure myself before. My husband and I have both noticed the changes and I'm definitely getting firmer. I'm almost 58 yrs old, btw. Good luck....you can do it!
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    It's easier with a little more equipment... dumbells/KBells... (craigslist)

But totally doable..

You are your own gym
    Kavadlo bros
    Convict conditioning
    Naked Warrior by Pavel
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I second the suggestion of yoga. I saw some of the biggest gains in upper body/core strength and definition when I started vinyasa yoga. I used to think yoga was a powder puff workout, until I tried it! There are so many free yoga workouts on youtube. Look for the ones that focus on strength. They're not all great but I tried various instructors until I found a few that were challenging enough. The added benefit of yoga is that the flexibility poses undo some of the pounding that other workouts inflict. Good luck!
  • Almas57
    Options
    9jenn9 wrote: »
    I second the suggestion of yoga. I saw some of the biggest gains in upper body/core strength and definition when I started vinyasa yoga. I used to think yoga was a powder puff workout, until I tried it! There are so many free yoga workouts on youtube. Look for the ones that focus on strength. They're not all great but I tried various instructors until I found a few that were challenging enough. The added benefit of yoga is that the flexibility poses undo some of the pounding that other workouts inflict. Good luck!

Nice, can u recommend me some specific youtube channels u follow?

• loftus4827
    loftus4827 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The answer to this question is so subjective. What's your body fat level now? What exactly does "lean" mean to you? Even without knowing that info, yes, it's certainly possible to see drastic changes in a one year time span. If you dont train at all currently, you could definitely do some good work with minimal equipment. Pick an "at home" training program for at least 6 weeks and stick with it.