Is this healthy..? Home made breakfast wraps

Options
NicoleFray
NicoleFray Posts: 82 Member
182n7pq053pm.png

Wanna know if that's healthy to eat for breakfast. Having trouble losing weight and wanna know if it could be my breakfast wraps in eating.

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    if you are not losing weight you are eating too many calories. If your breakfast wraps are putting you over, then yes that is why you are not losing weight..
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Yes and no. Cut out the wrap and add an egg. I used to eat breakfast wraps all the time because it was quick an easy but simple carbs that early in the morning sabotages me. Hence one of the reasons why I need to loose weight If I have two eggs I am satisfied until lunch. I sometimes add cheese or cream cheese on top or ketchup, but no toast or wrap. Calories are the same but the effects are different.

The past two days of my diary are perfect examples. My wife told me there were bagels in the freezer that have to get eaten or thrown out. Not wanting to waste I have had one each morning and it has been way harder to stay under my calories and to feel satiated compared to the weeks prior when I did have wraps or carbs for breakfast.

Also your calories are off 9 eggs would 810 not including what ever oil you are cooking them in.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Rivers2k wrote: »
    Yes and no. Cut out the wrap and add an egg. I used to eat breakfast wraps all the time because it was quick an easy but simple carbs that early in the morning sabotages me. Hence one of the reasons why I need to loose weight If I have two eggs I am satisfied until lunch. I sometimes add cheese or cream cheese on top or ketchup, but no toast or wrap. Calories are the same but the effects are different.

The past two days of my diary are perfect examples. My wife told me there were bagels in the freezer that have to get eaten or thrown out. Not wanting to waste I have had one each morning and it has been way harder to feel satiated compared to the weeks prior when I did have wraps or carbs for breakfast.

Also your calories are off 9 eggs would 810 not including what ever oil you are cooking them in.

Large eggs are 70 Cals, so her Calorie count there is correct. If boiled, or scrambled in a non-stick pan w/o oil, there won't be any additional Calories. And, if the wrap works for her, there's no reason for her to cut it out.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    if you are not losing weight you are eating too many calories. If your breakfast wraps are putting you over, then yes that is why you are not losing weight..

This. If you want to cut some calories from your breakfast (though that's not an unreasonable amount) consider using a lower calorie wrap. http://olemex.com/index.php/2013-07-26-20-44-53/traditional-mexican/item/178-high-fiber-tortilla-wraps-8. When I make them for my family I usually use eggs, some kind of low calorie meat, 2% cheese and a ton of veggies. That way it's more volume and more satiating for negligible calories.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

The past two days of my diary are perfect examples. My wife told me there were bagels in the freezer that have to get eaten or thrown out. Not wanting to waste I have had one each morning and it has been way harder to stay under my calories and to feel satiated compared to the weeks prior when I did have wraps or carbs for breakfast.

i don't see where OP mentioned a problem with carbs not filling her up....
  • Rivers2k
    edited May 2017
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

The past two days of my diary are perfect examples. My wife told me there were bagels in the freezer that have to get eaten or thrown out. Not wanting to waste I have had one each morning and it has been way harder to feel satiated compared to the weeks prior when I did have wraps or carbs for breakfast.

Large eggs are 70 Cals, so her Calorie count there is correct. If boiled, or scrambled in a non-stick pan w/o oil, there won't be any additional Calories. And, if the wrap works for her, there's no reason for her to cut it out.

your right on the eggs my bad for some reason I was thinking 90. She is questioning whether it is working for her or not I was just giving my experience. She is questioning if it is a problem or not.
  • Rivers2k
    edited May 2017
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

i don't see where OP mentioned a problem with carbs not filling her up....

Just giving my experience not telling anyone to go cut carbs completely or anything. Just saying carbs for me in the morning was really bad and has a bad affect on me and I had no idea until I cut them out. She said she was having trouble loosing weight this may or may not be the problem.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Not really. I like carbs - they don't "sabotage" me because weight loss is calories in vs. calories out.

OP - 227 calories is a pretty modest breakfast. I don't think that's throwing you over your calories. If you aren't losing weight.....it's not your breakfast. If this isn't filling (and you are ravenous by lunch) then add 9 egg whites (protein) and/or a high fiber tortilla. Veggies would add bulk for few calories too.
  • NicoleFray
    NicoleFray Posts: 82 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Thank you everyone, it does fill me up i just wanted to make sure it wasn't a terrible breakfast. I eat a turkey burger with 3/4 cup brown rice 1 tbsp soy sauce and a lot of broccoli for lunch, dinner is chicken with veggies, snacks are a smoothie, almonds, apples, veggies, protein shake (not all in one day obviously).
    I think my thyroid is off, it runs on both sides of my family(my mom, sister, grandmother, and cousin all have it), i've been busting my butt working out doing weights and cardio. My doc said with all my symptoms (cant lose weight, low heart rate ((53bpm)), very tired, cold, carpal tunnel) and feeling the thyroid hes pretty sure i have it. so waiting on blood work. im 211lb 5'2 so i should be dropping weight. i have a trainer and still nothing so as much as i dont want a thyroid problem it would be a answer.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Nah, it's fine. And your overall diet seems to be pretty well balanced.

FYI - I eat something similar every weekday morning - 3 eggs and a slice of American cheese on some lightly buttered toast. I have no issues losing, gaining, or maintaining.

If you're having trouble, it's not because of your choice in breakfast food.
  • mirelaavdich
    mirelaavdich Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Your symptoms definitely point to under active thyroid. I have Hashimoto's and PCOS, insulin resistant. I firmly believe that being on right medication and having my hormones in check is what kick started my weight loss. However, I did cut out all dairy products and processed fats. I do not eat low fat, just no processed fat.
  • spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'd just add some veggies to your wrap. Spinach, tomato, chopped zucchini. It cooks pretty quick. Get veggies in wherever you can :)