Quick breakfast suggestions?

Options
My partner and I use to make a batch of muffins for us to grab every morning on our way to work and school. Any suggestions on anymore breakfast items to go? Sometimes I just settle for toast - I find bread settles my stomach and I'm not quite satisfied with just a banana or yogurt. Thanks for your help!

Replies

• crimiller
    crimiller Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I miss it up between the following:

Brown Cow Plain Yogurt (1/4 cup) and Kashi Go Lean Crisp Toasted Berry Crumble (1/2 cup) to make a parfait of sorts

Fried Egg on an English Muffin

Instant Oatmeal with raspberries

They are all relatively quick and take less than a minute to prepare (minus the egg).

Maybe that helps?

Oh- also, my gf likes the frozen mini breakfast things from Michelina Light--I think it is Canadian bacon, egg, and cheese. I'm a vegetarian so I don't eat those, but she likes them!
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    toast with almond butter & a fruit

Yogurt with homemade granola (I have a great recipe)

I once saw a recipe using eggs, add veggies/ham and a little milk, whisk and pour in greased muffin cups. Top with lo fat cheese and bake (shouldn't take that long). Then reheat in micro in a.m.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options

Oooh... DO share that recipe, please! :)
  • katedonn5
    katedonn5 Posts: 16
    Options
    Get oatmeal packets (I love the Better Oats Organic Options with flaxseed and all REAL ingredients); measure out your steel oats the night before so you just add water and nuke (I also like to add 2 tablespoons of Stonyfield French Vanilla yogurt and cinnamon). You can also microwave Egg Beaters and throw some smoked salmon on top. Soy Milk and Protein powder as well.
  • jwerman
    jwerman Posts: 176
    Options
    Try a low carb tortilla with pretty much anything you like wrapped inside..the possibilities are endless! Eggs,.veggies, turkey slices, hummus, cheese... My top two picks for low carb tortillas are; Mama Lupe's (only 60 cals and 3 net carbs) and LaTortlla Factory (50cals and 3 net carbs). This can be a very satisfying breakfast, ENJOY!
  • angief_01
    angief_01 Posts: 37
    Options
    Slim Fast - 190 cal.

Light Yogurt with about an 1/8 cup of Special K Low fat Granola - Touch of honey Mixed in - 130 cal.

Jimmy Dean D'lights breakfast sandwiches (when you have a few more calories to spare) - Around 200 cal. depending on the kind you get.

I also make what I call a ziplock omelet if I have a little extra time in the mornings ....

2 egg whites
    Turkey ham
    Onions
    Salsa
    Fat free shredded cheese

Bring a saucepan of water to a boil.
    Add first 3 ingredients into a ziplock baggie...I add a little cheese sometimes too.
    Close baggie carefully getting most of the air out. Place in boiling water for about 3 minutes.
    Open baggie, your omelet should fall right out! Top with a little salsa & cheese & ENJOY!
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I think my all time favourite breakfast is...

Whole wheat English muffin, toasted
    poached egg white
    low-fat/low-sodium ham slice
    a little bit of low fat cheese or lite Cheez Whiz

A little bit of everything and very filling!
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options

Oooh... DO share that recipe, please! :)

GRANOLA RECIPE

2 c. rolled oats
    1 t. cinnamon
    ½ t. salt
    2/3 c. walnuts (You can use pecans also)
    3 T. oil (I use olive oil, you can use vegetable or canola oil)
    ¼ c. honey or agave
    ¼ c. firmly packed brown sugar
    1 t. vanilla extract
    OPTIONAL – I add sliced almonds, sesame seeds and raw sunflower seeds. You can also add dried fruit. No measuring, just throw them in.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, toss oats with cinnamon, salt, nuts and seeds. In a separate bowl, mix together the oil, honey, brown sugar and vanilla until blended. Pour the wet mixture in with the dry and use your CLEAN hands to combine the two until everything is well coated.

Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the mixture over top. Spread it out evenly, but it should be clumpy in spots. Bake for 10 minutes and then use a spatula to gently flip the granola over. Return to the oven for another 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely in the pan. ** Very important because it will smell awesome and you are going to want to try it right away but DON’T, walk away and let cool completely so it hardens. Use your hands to break up the granola into clumps. In this case, the more clumps the better! Place in a tightly lidded container or Ziploc bag.
    ENJOY!!!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I once saw a recipe using eggs, add veggies/ham and a little milk, whisk and pour in greased muffin cups. Top with lo fat cheese and bake (shouldn't take that long). Then reheat in micro in a.m.

Yes: bake your eggs in a shallow baking dish & cut into rectangles. Use in breakfast burritos (low carb tortillas). These freeze well. You can also cut into squares - use with whole grain english muffins
  • jalemap
    jalemap Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I like to have a whole wheat toast with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter. I sometimes have one light frozen waffle with light strawberry cream cheese on it. In a pinch - I love the chocolate mint Zone bars. They have 210 calories with 14 grams of protein. On your way out the door, grab a string cheese and a plum.