Breakfast ideas

What are some good meal prep or just quick on the go ideas for breakfast?

Replies

• Romeo1luv
    Romeo1luv Posts: 166 Member
    Oatmeal to go (different version).
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    I eat eggs for breakfast pretty much every day. Fried eggs and toast are the fastest to make fresh. Hard boiled and quiche work well when I want something made ahead of time. Yogurt is an easy and portable breakfast...Greek yogurt is higher in protein if that matters to you.
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 353 Member
    I eat eggs for breakfast pretty much every day. Fried eggs and toast are the fastest to make fresh. Hard boiled and quiche work well when I want something made ahead of time. Yogurt is an easy and portable breakfast...Greek yogurt is higher in protein if that matters to you.

to add to this, hard boiled eggs and string cheese are quick. Granola bars, english muffins are quick. It's whatever you want really.
  • rlilly697
    rlilly697 Posts: 201 Member
    Dollop of yoghurt, splash of milk, Banana, scoop of Peanut butter powder, scoop of Whey n a squib of honey! Whizz it all together n pour into your sports beaker! nearly 600 calories n a fantastic start to the day!
  • Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    edited May 2017
    My breakfast meal preps sometimes include:

Scrambled Eggs (reheating in the microwave is easier/less messy than cooking at work in the microwave. Will make 5 days worth.)
    Hard Boiled Eggs (Peeling before portioning makes it super easy for on the go.)
    Oatmeal (Make up a big batch in the Instant Pot or Slow Cooker, Portion out and reheat in the mornings. Add some blueberries and done!! I make 5 days worth at once.)
    Overnight oats. (Made up nightly. If I am out and about, I will even take this in a cooler for a quick lunch)
    Banana/Egg/Protein Pancakes (1 banana, 2 eggs, 1 scoop vanilla protein. That's it. Make a big batch for the week. If you add anything like syrup it gets messy and not best for on the go.)
    Egg Muffins. (eggs (mixed/whipped), add whatever veggies to muffin tin and top each with eggs. Can make 12 at once!)
    Egg sandwiches. (English Muffins, Eggs, and whatever else you like. Make and assemble ahead and wrap up. Heat the next day.)
    Lots of different egg casseroles that are healthy that you can make ahead and portion out daily.
    BACON!!! Pre-make ahead and portion out. Just don't eat it all while you are cooking it.

Also, don't rule out non-"breakfast" foods. I have eaten chicken and raw veggies for breakfast, depends on my mood. This is really easy on the go if you don't mind eating the chicken with your hands.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    My go to work week breakfast is a protein bowl
    .5cup or 1c. of plain non fat greek yogurt
    .5 scoop of my favorite protein powder mixed in
    .2c of mixed trail mix
    topped with fresh berries....
    I make them on Sunday for the week and just plop the berries on the morning of and off to work I go. Weekends are usually some type of egg white scramble with some meat.
  • julesEMS2016
    julesEMS2016 Posts: 44 Member
    I do either a protein drink or protein bar most days. I also like to do a hard boiled egg with a banana or greek yogurt with granola.