Bodyweight squats everyday?

Options
Would it be alright to perform about 100 bodyweight squats over the course of a day on top of my regular strength training? I do them mainly for flexibility/Mobility. I was curious if it would lead to any sort of over training

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Unless you're particularly overweight, it should be fine. People that work physically demanding jobs like squat (or something similar) ~100 times or so each day. Doing 15-20 every couple of hours doesn't seem out of line.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I do at least that many per day... picking up stuff and toys off the floor, haha
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    If you are conditioned, 100 squats a day isn't much at all.
  • blopmiyers
    blopmiyers Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Alright thanks for the answers!
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I do at least that many per day... picking up stuff and toys off the floor, haha

Haha me too. It's called "having kids" workout. Sometimes I'll pick up my 5yo and squat, he loves it. This one is called "entertainment for a bored 5yo"
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with that. What you may also want to try is increasing your time spent at the bottom of a squat. It's harder than you think
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    expect some soreness over the first couple of days, is all. i've done this and found it really useful for building recognizable sensation patterns, but the doms was a bit of a shock.